TYAN S5376 MOTHERBOARD AND 2 XEON PROCESSORS

g4sho

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, my Kalyway 10.5.2 installation is stopping in the same place . I installed from the dvd without a hitch, it hangs on first boot after mac framework sucessfully initiated, using 10485 buffers,etc. Tried changing bios settings, in fact would not boot drive in ahci mode, I have sata controller in enhanced ide mode. I have tried all of the boot switches that I know of.eg..-v -f -s -x cpus=1,etc. My hardware is as follows:

Tyan s5376 dual 771 motherboard with Intel 5100 Northbridge and ICH9R Southbridge

2 -5410 Xeon processors(quad)

onboard 82573 Lan( 2port by intel)

8gig DDR2-667 ECC ram,

4- 500gig SATA-2 hard drives

1- 1Terabyte SATA-2 hard drive

1-Pioneer Blu-Ray Rom drive

GeForce 7800gt(256mb)

usb wireless keyboard and mouse

AMI Bios Version 3.00 build date 1/25/2008.

Hopefully, somebody has this board and has been able to get it to work, please post your methods,etc.

G4sho

Problem Solved, I was able to get Kalyway 10.5.2. installed and working perfectly. All drives as well as all cores, ram, and Lan recognized. What I had to do was update my AMI bios 3.00 to the latest bios which is 3.03 and it solved the problem. Can boot with out any switches. Time machine etc., works out of the box. Video card is recognized have full hardware accelaration. Now I just need to find me a compatible usb sound card with digital out, either spdif or coaxial to connect to my 7.1 surround processor. I also was able to install using the vanilla kernel 9.2.2 Hope this information helps someone else.

G4sho