Confusing problem booting into Darwin

brad813

2 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Kalyway OS X 10.5.1, which should work fine on my computer according to the lists on the OSX86 Project Wiki Hardware Compatibility Lists. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with an Intel Core Duo T2050 1.6GHz processor. I have plenty of memory and am using an empty 80GB Hard Drive for the install. My graphics card is currently an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 128MB, which should be enough to get me through the install itself, and I will soon be upgrading to an NVidia GeForce Go 7300 256MB. My problem comes into booting into the Darwin bootloader for the install. I keep getting an error message stating that /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found. I also tried F8 as well as both verbose mode and safe mode. My processor is fully SSE3 compatible. I checked my dvd using TransMac and the file is there so I am not understanding why this is happening. It simply defies logical thought, unless the dvd itself is corrupt. Also, if there is another package that tends to work better for my computer, please let me know.

Typical cause/solutions:

1. DVD wonky. Reburn at a slower (minimum) speed.

2. DVD not fully intializing. If you have the option to select boot volume (such as pressing F[1-12] to choose HD, DVD, USB, etc), hit that key. Count to ten. Select the DVD drive. This was the solution to the same problem on my HP dv2125nr. Otherwise, try to slow down/delay the DVD boot process... as crazy as it sounds.