DVD player without QE/CI

spina

5 posts in this topic

Hello! :)

I'm using a Jas 10.4.8. without problem on my HP dv1000. the proglem is the orrible graphics card (GM850). I can't enable QE/CI but i can play all the video format in Quicktime....updated with Perian and Fli4mac. The problem comes with DVD movies. DVD player with or without SSE2 patch doesn't work. I need some help....I can do every jobs with this Hackbook except watching a DVD. Can you help me? ;)

Thank and sorry for my bad english

Hello! :D

I'm using a Jas 10.4.8. without problem on my HP dv1000. the proglem is the orrible graphics card (GM850). I can't enable QE/CI but i can play all the video format in Quicktime....updated with Perian and Fli4mac. The problem comes with DVD movies. DVD player with or without SSE2 patch doesn't work. I need some help....I can do every jobs with this Hackbook except watching a DVD. Can you help me? :)

Thank and sorry for my bad english

Try MplayerOSX 1.x or VLC (sometimes ppc version works better, but try both PPC an Intel binaries). VLC work very good to me without CI option.

Only the 0.8.6i for PPC works...but very slow. Quicktime with MPEG-2 plugin is very fast but with no audio :) .

That's because You have QE disabled. You don;t need CI, but I'd recomend You enable QE, DVDs play very well

with my old Radeon Mobility 7500 and VLC :-) What video card do You have exactly?