Cheapest PCIe Video Card with QE & CI

8 posts in this topic

Hey all. Have an Asus P5LD2-VM motherboard with built-in GMA950. Leopard doesn't like it much. Tried pretty much everything but it still leaves blocks and doubled mouse pointers around text entry areas. Oh well.

Just looking for one step up from this. Absolutely cheapest PCIe video card with QE & CI that doesn't have any issues in Leopard. I'm more leaning toward an ATI board.

I found this for $20: Gigabyte HD 2400 XT

Will this video card work? Or does anyone have a suggestion for something else (even if it's not cheaper than this)?

Thanks!

David

I'm still loving the $20 price point of the HD 2400 XT... I can't get confirmation that it does work in Leopard. No posts seem to indicate that it works correctly. Oh well. The other cards mentioned are all in the $80-$100 range that I can see (shopping in Canada). Can someone point me to a web store with a cheap version of those cards? Thanks.

Well, I think I've decided on the 8600GTS. Found it for $30.

"EVGA E-GEFORCE 8600GTS Ssc Edition W. Quake WARS: Et 756MHZ 256MB DDR3 PCI-E DVI-I HDTV Video Card"

Model: 256-P2-N768-A1

I'll hang on for a little while to see if anyone tells me not to buy that one. ;-)

Thanks, David