HP dv6646 (AMD, nForce 560, ATA, etc)

epon

3 posts in this topic

Hey, I've noticed that a lot of people have issues with SATA drives and getting the right ktexts for their machines. My issue seems to follow suit, but instead is happening with my ATA drive. I already have Vista installed on one partition with the rest of the drive unallocated (in other words, it's not NTFS, RAW, etc... it's just... blah)

I'll explain my process below:

1. Burn Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd and boot using NO FLAGS at Darwin
  2. OSX loads till it gets to GUI installer
  3. I go into Disk Management and the only drive it finds is my DVD-ROM
  4. I proceed to bang my forehead into my desk

Everything else seems to work fine. WiFi works out of the box apparently, which is awesome. I've tried just about every other AMD build that I can find:

• iDeneb_v1_10.5.4
  • Leo4Allv4.1
  • Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2

iDeneb gives me the same issue, the other two {censored} out before they reach the GUI due to SAM errors. I'm completely baffled. My system specs are linked below. If someone can point me in the right direction, please do. I cannot find drivers or anything for my HDD. Thanks.

System Specs: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=419197

I know. As I've said, I can't find {censored} about my dv6646. Don't believe me? Try searching for "dv6646". Oh look at that! Nothing! Which means that thread has nothing either.

So before I go reading thru 30 pages of irrelevance information, I decided to post here. Maybe next time you should read everything I write first before assuming I'm a noob.

ktnx