Netgear GA311

cfmjohn

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I had my system running perfectly (Kallyway 10.5.2) with the Netgear GA311 network card running nativly out of the box. Then all of a sudden I boot up and its gone. Network control panel cant see it. System Profiler doesnt see it either, It shows up the only thing plugged into the PCI bus is the PCIE Gfx card.

I just dont get it. It just vanished, The card works 100% in Windows XP, Ive even changed the PCI slot its plugged into with no luck.

I need some help please.

• 5 months later...
I had my system running perfectly (Kallyway 10.5.2) with the Netgear GA311 network card running nativly out of the box.

So did I! I bought this card and it worked perfectly with an already running iPC 10.5.6 on Intel mobo. It worked immediately upon install w/ no modified kexts, %100 supported. Other system issues caused me to need a reinstall and now it is no longer showing up under "network" in system prefs. So I'm stuck using this Hawking USB wireless card that continuously causes kernel panics :D

I've google for the last two day and tried numerous reinstalls and bios settings trying to get this thing to be recognized again. If anyone has a clue what the problem could be, please let us know your thoughts!

My hack gets closer to perfect everyday and I thought I finally had my networking problems behind me, then this :D

• 1 month later...

got the same problem here.

its not showing up in OS X anymore. not in system profiler, not in network utlilities.

that happend right after the update to 10.5.6, befor on 10.5.5 it worked perfectly

have you two guys found out something?

got the same problem here.

its not showing up in OS X anymore. not in system profiler, not in network utlilities.

that happend right after the update to 10.5.6, befor on 10.5.5 it worked perfectly

have you two guys found out something?

whats going on why is 10.5.6 breaking hackingtoshes?

on kalway 10.5.2 I had a perfect working system, now firewire is gone and so is my netgear card.