AMD 64 Setup Problem, Hardware?

joseporto

5 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

I have been using kalyway 10.5.2 intel/amd + kalyway 10.5.3 comboupdate + apple 10.5.4 update on my laptop for quite some time now!

This week I've decided to install it in my AMD Athlon 64 Desktop.

It booted the install DVD from kalyway 10.5.2 without trouble, installed everything that I needed, actualy the only diferences from my intel Code 2 Duo Laptop where the AMD patches and the nvidia driver that in this case has 2x the memory.

When it booted for the first time I got this kernel panic. Before you see the image let me just say that I tried to install with Leo4All v3 and it did the same thing but this time when it booted the install cd and not in the first boot

If anyone has any ideia or recalls an previous problem with this contours please help. I am totally tired of Vista.

post-231407-1221676383_thumb.jpg

Here's the specs:

Motherboard:

CPU

Socket 754 for AMD Athlon64

I have a Athlon 64 3000+ installed

Chipset

NVIDIA nForce3 250 Platform Processor

Super I/O: ITE IT8712F chip

Integrated Peripherals

Silicon Image sil3512 controller

GigaRAID ATA 133 RAID controller

T.I. IEEE1394 controller

Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet controller

Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec

Memory

Type: DDR400/ 333/ 266- 184pin

Max capacity: Up to 3GB by 3 DIMM slots

Internal I/O Connectors

4 x Serial ATA connector

4 x UDMA ATA 133/100/66 Bus Master IDE connectors (2 IDE connectors from GigaRAID controller are for HDDs only)

1 x FDD connector

2 x USB 2.0/1.1 connectors (supports 4 ports)

2 x IEEE 1394 connectors (supports 3 ports)

S/P DIF input/output pin header

3 x cooling fan pin headers

CD/AUX in

1 x Game/Midi connector

Expansion Slots

1 x AGP slot (8x/4x-AGP 3.0 compliant), supports 1.5v display card only.

5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)

Back Panel Connectors

PS/2 Keyboard / Mouse

4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports

1 x RJ45 ports

2 x COM ports

1 x LPT

Audio (1 x Line-in / 1 x Line-out / 1 x Mic) connector

CPU/AGP/DIMM setting

CPU FSB / Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS

AGP Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS

DIMM Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS

Power

ATX power connector and ATX 12V connector

Power-off by Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP shut down and switch

Form Factor

ATX form factor

30.5 x 24.4 cm

H/W Monitoring

CPU/ System/ Power fan revolution detect

CPU/ System/ Power fan fail warning

CPU temperature detect

CPU warning temperature

System voltage detect

CPU smart fan control

Thermal shutdown function

BIOS

2 X 4M bit flash ROM, Award BIOS

Other Features

Xpress™ Installation

Xpress™ Recovery

Q-Flash™

@BIOS™

Well, the kernel panic is caused by the nforceATA .kext (the nforce chipset "drivers"). That system is a little old (socket 754) and the newer distros may not be including the older nforce .kexts. I know Leo4all v 4.1 for AMD lists .kexts for nforce 2/3/4/etc.. - some other releases may also. It's been a while, but I used Zephyroth 10.5.1 for my first hackintosh and it uses a nforce 6100/430 socket 754 MB. My son still uses that system - it runs OSx86 24-7...

Well, the kernel panic is caused by the nforceATA .kext (the nforce chipset "drivers"). That system is a little old (socket 754) and the newer distros may not be including the older nforce .kexts. I know Leo4all v 4.1 for AMD lists .kexts for nforce 2/3/4/etc.. - some other releases may also. It's been a while, but I used Zephyroth 10.5.1 for my first hackintosh and it uses a nforce 6100/430 socket 754 MB. My son still uses that system - it runs OSx86 24-7...

And could the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD boot with this problem? Or should we assume that for the DVD to boot properly they included this kext!!!

Anyway, since I'm not that good with MacOS even though I know my way around Linux distros, including Gentoo and other "type it all in the console" distros... I'm currently downloading the new Leo4allv4.1AMD and I will give it a shot!

Thanks for your prompt answer. I would just like to leave a sugestion, it would be nice if someone that knows it's way around this OS, to leave a section here with minimum system requirements! Since Apple does not bother to do this! :) They just say Buy a MAC! :)

Ok, so I've downloaded Leo4All v4.1 AMD ONLY, and I get the same problem has before with Leo4All Distro. I do belive it could be installed and work since it has the nforce drivers for my board. The problem is, they are not available has the DVD is booting, so I can't even start installing.

Is there a way for me to modify the DVD and include this nforce driver into it so I can boot it? Or for example, is there a way for me to make a network install? I could boot my desktop with the kalyway disk that has this nforce driver and then send from my laptop all the leo4all files.

PLEASE HELP!!! There has to be a way to install this thing, my problem is just that!! Install!

• 4 weeks later...
And could the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD boot with this problem? Or should we assume that for the DVD to boot properly they included this kext!!!

Anyway, since I'm not that good with MacOS even though I know my way around Linux distros, including Gentoo and other "type it all in the console" distros... I'm currently downloading the new Leo4allv4.1AMD and I will give it a shot!

Thanks for your prompt answer. I would just like to leave a sugestion, it would be nice if someone that knows it's way around this OS, to leave a section here with minimum system requirements! Since Apple does not bother to do this! :( They just say Buy a MAC! :D

Whell, It has been some time since I last posted. Guess what! Leo4allv4.1AMD didn't work either. But since I'm going crazy with Vista I will try Zephyroth and see if it fixes my problem. The thing is... I won't be able to update to 10.5.5 probably!