Support for the nVidia 9800GT

iRule

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was told that the 9800GT is just an overclocked 8800GT so I purchased the 9800GT.

Now the shop I bought it from refuses to refund the money as they have no 8800GTs, I'm stuck with this card.

I was wondering if it's possible for any of you experts to help me setting up my graphic card properly.

Thanks

well, the first order of business it to get your specs, please make a signature file. Second, did U search using google and/or the BBS? Sometimes I find the BBS search bad. In google try:

9800GT site:www.insanelymac.com

see what turns up.

There are several different approaches to video cards on Hackintoshes. NVinject, natits, and strings in boot file. Look up all that stuff.

Khan

Khan, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :)

I didn't copy and paste thoese 'Thank yous' by the way. I searched on google and figured out how it the Graphic Card works ..

For your convenient Guys ..

I used Leopard 10.5.4 from iATKOS, and then I downloaded the NVInstaller v0.52.

No coding, no nothing, one restart and it worked :)

My Asus 9800GT is supporting full resolution with all other functions working perfectly...

• 3 months later...
Khan, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :)

I didn't copy and paste thoese 'Thank yous' by the way. I searched on google and figured out how it the Graphic Card works ..

For your convenient Guys ..

I used Leopard 10.5.4 from iATKOS, and then I downloaded the NVInstaller v0.52.

No coding, no nothing, one restart and it worked :)

My Asus 9800GT is supporting full resolution with all other functions working perfectly...

Hi, I just puchased components for a new OSX build. Seems I've overlooked the fact that support for 9800GT is limited. Can you share with me exactly the steps to get 9800GT working? I need help with iATKOS install.

I've installed Leo4All 10.5.2 with sound and network but no graphics. I'd very much like to get graphics to work.

Please check my sig for my config. Thanks.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I hope someone could help me with my graphics problem...

I have XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512MB and with installation of latest Snow Leopard and Chameleon 2.0 RC4 is recognized fully ...???

My card has one DVI port and one HDMI...

Dashboard effect works but not as good as in Leopard...i can see lagging and with minimize and maximize effect is this lagging very bad...

In Browser scroling lagg too...

Mouse lags sometimes also (not always and i deleted quicktime file that made lagging in previous versions of leopard...but this didn't help)

If i start game,i got black screen...audio in game working but no picture...

I have one DVI and one HDMI port...

Please helpppppp

Thanx in advance

Best regards

Mickey

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i got almost the same card. gigabyte 9800gt 512 hdmi vga dvi.....and wanna use snowleopard, but stack, can get it work ....

did u find solution for this cards?

please share

I hope someone could help me with my graphics problem...

I have XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512MB and with installation of latest Snow Leopard and Chameleon 2.0 RC4 is recognized fully ...???

My card has one DVI port and one HDMI...

Dashboard effect works but not as good as in Leopard...i can see lagging and with minimize and maximize effect is this lagging very bad...

In Browser scroling lagg too...

Mouse lags sometimes also (not always and i deleted quicktime file that made lagging in previous versions of leopard...but this didn't help)

If i start game,i got black screen...audio in game working but no picture...

I have one DVI and one HDMI port...

Please helpppppp

Thanx in advance

Best regards

Mickey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

9800GT Snow Leopard, random KPs, 7900GS -> 9800GT

I recently got a 9800GT (1 GB) to replace the 7900GS in my 10.6.3 machine but I can't get it to work, I have the correct resolution (I specified it in com.apple.Boot.plist) but no QE/CI and am getting random kernel panics after the machine has been on for about 2 minutes. I'm booting with -x32 (it KPs immediately after loading the desktop without this, even with the 7900). The KPs are always from a random process (usually mdworker) so I have no ideas as to what could be causing them. There's a 10.5 partition on the machine that does the same thing without any kernel panics.

I had NVkush and NVinject (0.2.1) enabled with the 7900GS but I've taken those out (with them both I got no display). I have the correct EFI string in the Boot.plist file (it recognizes it as a 9800 1gb) but still no QE/CI. NVinject 0.2.1 loads if I put it in S/L/E but doesn't give me any more resolutions or QE/CI, 0.2.2 seems to not load at all (no messages during boot). I had the GeForce*xxx kexts removed from S/L/E but I've put those back in.

Machine:

P5W-DH

intel core2 quad 2.66

6gb ddr2 800 ram

Any ideas?