dr.funk

2 posts in this topic

Hey all :unsure:

Im going to build a hackintosh with this motherboard:

MSI P45 NEO

P45 w/ ICH10 chipset

ALC888 AUDIO

Reatec 8111C LAN

No onboard: Sil Raid, firewire, video, wireless : these I will owrry about later.

Drives:

2) Samsung Sata Dual layer lightscribe burners

3) Sata Hard drives from 250 to 320 gig sizes.

Video I will use: Either a X550 ATI or an Nvidia 7300GT..only for now. Ill get a better card IF I can get the mac side to work.

NOW, Heres what I can test with the setup and let people know.

1) Logic 8 Pro. I have a real version, since its worth it. :P

2) Final Cut Pro Again I have alegit version.

3) Pro Tools LE 7 with Digi 002 board and rack units

My Ideal is to get a hackintosh to actually be useful for production purposes. I also have a legit Leopard dvd.

I may need guidance and help on the osx86 install for this board and a cpu recommendation.

Lastly, Ill need to find working esata and 1394 cards for the board and osx. pci or pci-e.

• 5 months later...
Hey all :)

Im going to build a hackintosh with this motherboard:

MSI P45 NEO

P45 w/ ICH10 chipset

ALC888 AUDIO

Reatec 8111C LAN

No onboard: Sil Raid, firewire, video, wireless : these I will owrry about later.

Drives:

2) Samsung Sata Dual layer lightscribe burners

3) Sata Hard drives from 250 to 320 gig sizes.

Video I will use: Either a X550 ATI or an Nvidia 7300GT..only for now. Ill get a better card IF I can get the mac side to work.

NOW, Heres what I can test with the setup and let people know.

1) Logic 8 Pro. I have a real version, since its worth it. :)

2) Final Cut Pro Again I have alegit version.

3) Pro Tools LE 7 with Digi 002 board and rack units

My Ideal is to get a hackintosh to actually be useful for production purposes. I also have a legit Leopard dvd.

I may need guidance and help on the osx86 install for this board and a cpu recommendation.

Lastly, Ill need to find working esata and 1394 cards for the board and osx. pci or pci-e.

I realize this is late. But still Ill post. Might just help any other frustrated P45 Neo owners out there.

After reading so much about the troubles with getting a p45 Neo, I decided to give it a go myself. Here is my evolution of getting OSX 10.5.6 up and running.

I started with Kalyway. No luck. I fought with it for several days before I gave up.

I then tried iAtkos. Still no luck after several days

Next I tried iPC 10.5.6 Live DVD. It booted and installed but would not load after the install was completed. (I kept getting Blue Screens) I read and tried whatever I could find. No Luck.

I revisited Jas with all the new info I had aquired over the past week or so. Success! I had 10.5.4 up and running. I had everything but main sound. (My Fatality usb headset worked great!)

When I found out that I could not run iLife on 10.5.4 I decided to head back to iPC.

I took it slow with iPC. I switched from the live dvd to a plain iPC install DVD. I patched the dvd to version 5 (PPF5). I added drivers slowly until I had a fully functional system. Success again.

So...on to the how to...

Boot the iPC install dvd. Ready your disk. Choose Custum Install. Since you have the same mobo I can assume that these setting should work for you ok.

These are all settings you need to find within the custom install options....

I used the 'Sleep Kernel'

For Drivers I selected:

Realtek 1000 ethernet

ALC888 sound

For Video I used Darwin nvidia 512 (I have an nvidia 8800 gt card)

Use PatchedUSB

Use Seatbelt (was having crashes when mounting dmgs)

Whew. I know its not verbatim...but after almost 2 weeks of mucking about...I felt like I might be of service. I sure this helps someone out.