Mac OSX86 in a midi/audio studio

dcer10

Mac OSX86 in the studio  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Mac OSX86 in a pro midi / audio rig?

• yes, with success
    • yes, but not working 100%
    • no have not tried it

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have recently installed OSX 10.5.2 on X86 hardware and am trying to use it in my midi/audio studio. The hardware attached to the computer is:

Presonus Firepod FP10

M-Audio Midisport 2x2

M-Audio Midisport 8x8

M-Audio Keystation Oxygen 8

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 pci card (not working - no drivers for intel mac??)

All devices (except 2496) are seen in the Audio/Midi setup ok, but im having some issued in logic where notes arent being recieved/forwarded properly and the 8x8 seems to drop out a lot from the input device list. The devices installed easily but so far seems flakey...

I was wondering if this problem is specific to the X86 side of things. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing as a comparison?? I havent used macs in my studio since the OMS days, which was a whole different world so im not sure what to expect. I do however use all this gear on windows xp regularly and without any issues. How does the IAC bus relate to the OSX midi setup these days? Perhaps not using it has helped add to the problems??

Thanks.

Hi,

m-audio drivers work better in 10.5.4, only my audio input have random cracks. Midi works much better than XP. The problem is always with firewire and pci interfaces.

My setup

m-audio midisport 8x8

m-audio midair

m-audio keystation pro 88

m-audio fw1814

lots of midi gear...

I know its a bit off topic but can you upgrade from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 with the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD easily or will it break? Im trying to get the 8x8 working stable, it drops out a lot (not usable as is) so keen to try whatever it takes!