How to enable VT-x ?

simphax

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I have an almost completely working Mac OS X Leopard installation on my Dell Inspiron 1520. The situation is that I want to install Parallels Deskop 4.0 closed beta but he says that I can't install it because "hardware virtualization" is not supported. I found out that it is called "VT-x". I have successfully installed Parallels Desktop 3 before, and it worked seamlessly from my sight of view. Despite he also complained on VT-x, it worked.

Is there a way to go around this? If possible, how do I enable VT-x on my computer?? Can it be limited because of hardware?

My Dell's specs are like the following:

1.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1 GB 667 MHz DDR

Geforce 8400M with NVinject Go

Hi! I have an almost completely working Mac OS X Leopard installation on my Dell Inspiron 1520. The situation is that I want to install Parallels Deskop 4.0 closed beta but he says that I can't install it because "hardware virtualization" is not supported. I found out that it is called "VT-x". I have successfully installed Parallels Desktop 3 before, and it worked seamlessly from my sight of view. Despite he also complained on VT-x, it worked.

Is there a way to go around this? If possible, how do I enable VT-x on my computer?? Can it be limited because of hardware?

My Dell's specs are like the following:

1.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1 GB 667 MHz DDR

Geforce 8400M with NVinject Go

You need to enable it in the BIOS. It should be a setting there to enable it. Once you have set it, you need to cold boot the machine. So power off and pull the power cable out for about 30 seconds, then restart.

• 5 weeks later...