Help with my laptop

Mahlyk

4 posts in this topic

Hey there, it's like this, im new to the mac world, i have a mac that a friend offered me, but it's kind of old and so i can't use it properly to most of the things I want, and my intention with all of this is to try to put the mac running on my laptop with full hardware support so I can test it, the thing is, I'm thinking in buying a mac, but I wanna try the S.O. first before I do that to see if I get good in that and if its useful for me

Now the problem is, I installed the Kallyway Mac OS with a package of KEXT, and part of the hardware is working, but most of it is not, and I can't even tell if the part that's working, if its running at full speed since I'm not into the mac world yet. So I thought running through these forums to see if I could get an answer to my problem, and yes, I already searched the web looking for answers, and I couldn't find any solution, so the list of the hardware is the following:

The model is a Compal IFL-90 Aka Clasus Dynamic SR-512

Hardware:

Chipset: Intel PM965 Support Intel Core2duo

Graphics Module: nVidia GeForce 8600M GT Graphics Controller, w/ 512MB DDR Video Memory

Ethernet: Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Wifi: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Network Adapter

Audio: Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

Please, help me out with this problem! I would apreaciate that! :thumbsup_anim:

And sorry for being new in this world and if im missing some important points :(

Well, the graphics card appears to be working, i tested a screensaver and it seemed to go on nice, the bluetooth is also working, tested with my mobile, the chipset im not sure, but i didnt have any problems with it, now the rest, such as sound device, ethernet and wifi are not working at all, the kallyway has the package i was talking about, the version of the kallyway im using is 10.5.2 DVD Intel and AMD, I hope it's enough info for you help me out. Thank you :(