AlienWare vs Leopard

Nypher

4 posts in this topic

We began installing a Kalyway, nor because I remember version, after realizing that Still Waiting for Root device and that Sata chuscaban not to look for nForce4 patch or patch or {censored}. We had the 10 th DVD burning, processes and second versions unknown at this stage in our memory (KALYWAYS, LEO4ALL, AND JAS), one of those patches AND / OR versions will be installed on Alienware Aurora m9700.

What was our surprise to verify that once installed did not work:

-- USBS

-- FireWire

-- Wifi

-- Ethernet

-- WebCam

-- Graphics Card

-- Sound Card

-- "LaptopDisplay.Kext"

-- CDs / DVDs appear in white (or title).

Total that there was no way to instertar data except through Bluetooth (which ceased operation after 10 minutes), to set the fair. Desaparecidos the device for this facility and future facilities.

Our problem is that we fail to patch newer versions as Leo4all v4.1, etc. .. so as to operate the new facility.

• 3 weeks later...

So didja install it? Ihave an Alienware M9700 and got Le0 V3 installed after a looong wait during the DVD's bootup to the install screen. USB works cause I can plug the mouse into any USB port and it works, trackpad works as wel, dvd drive is recognized and as far as I can tell it works too. Oddly I couldn't get it to recognize a USB thumb drive that I copied some OSX tools from my other Hackingtosh ;) (of which I FINALLY got the Realtek SB400 AC97 ALC655 audio working last night as well :P ). I'll be looking into the whole EFI strings tonight and scour some more of the forums for working kexts for the Video Card and AC97 Audio tonigh... Hope I've got another working Hackingtosh on my hands ;)

• 5 months later...
So didja install it? Ihave an Alienware M9700 and got Le0 V3 installed after a looong wait during the DVD's bootup to the install screen. USB works cause I can plug the mouse into any USB port and it works, trackpad works as wel, dvd drive is recognized and as far as I can tell it works too. Oddly I couldn't get it to recognize a USB thumb drive that I copied some OSX tools from my other Hackingtosh :( (of which I FINALLY got the Realtek SB400 AC97 ALC655 audio working last night as well :P ). I'll be looking into the whole EFI strings tonight and scour some more of the forums for working kexts for the Video Card and AC97 Audio tonigh... Hope I've got another working Hackingtosh on my hands :(

Did you get video or sound working? Using iPC 10.5.6 final I have ethernet using Yukon 8053 and modding the kext, full resolution QE video with NVDarwin 1.2.5, wireless by replacing the internal card with a Intel 2200 (had an RTL8185), but no luck so far with the audio. Linux says it is a 1986a rev2, but the codec looks different (no Node info). AppleAC97 gives me a volume slider, but no output device. I added an aggregate with no joy. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried going into the Midi settings (in the utilities folder) and playing with the settings? I remember it worked for my desktop once I got the AC97 drivers to work enough to get my volume slider to display, then it was all about tinkering with the input channel settings for the audio.

I just finished downloading the final yesterday... Also planning on installing on an Msi Wind u100...