Cannot get Leopard to wake from sleep

snoopy12533

6 posts in this topic

I Have 99.9% working leopard 10.5.4 installation. The only thing i cannot get working is sleep when s3 is selected in my bios. I have tried every kernel i can find, Vanilla, Speedstep, sleep, modbin and have had no luck. The computer goes to sleep fine the display Fans and power led shut off just like they did when i used windows but when i press the power button to wake the computer the fans and the hdd light come on but the display never wakes up and the power led turns on for a moment and then turns off.

• 3 weeks later...

my SP45P2 with iDeneb v1.3 (10.5.5.) vanilla kernel, vanilla install, with nvinject 0.2.1 will sleep and wake from sleep when I have enabled "instant wake" in the BIOS under power management. This is the only way I can get it to wake up with S3 power savings.

if use EFI for GFX card settings, I cannot get it to wake from sleep.

Any other settings or kernal, when I wake from sleep the cpu fan runs full speed and no display. I have not tried logging in when it is in this state but it seems to be hung, but I can try and see if I can get some debug data to see what driver appears to be at fault, but I'm too lazy to try that so far. I really think it is a graphics card issue. I have a 9600 GSO (8800GS). I have a 7600GS I can try but have been too lazy thus far.

i have also tried the voodoo beta 1 9.5 kernel with no luck. V2 is supposed to come out today and I may try that when i get home from work.

lol mine just froze when it went to sleep so i disabled it:p of course i didnt install the sleep thing but idm dont like my pc to sleep:)

btw any of you guys have nvidia geforce 8800 gt 512mb driver for os x?