Help with OSX86 compatibilty

4 posts in this topic

So, I'm wanting to install OSX Leopard on my rig. I'm not sure if I can run it. I know my mobo has SSE3.

CPU-Z tells me I have:

Intel Pentium 4 3.00 GHz Prescott

ASUS P4S800D-X (SiS)

2GB DDR2 RAM

nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB AGP 8x

SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Not sure what else to put, but any help would be appreciated. :D

There's a special sticky topic just for you:

"FOI - Check your newbie info here"

You shouldn't even think of asking a question like that, and if you had spent any time reading the topics you would know that. You need to read the forums for a week just to know what kind of questions to ask.

Well, in my particular case, I have 2 friends that know enough about this sort of thing that they can help me do it. They both successfully have Leopard on their computer, and I was merely looking for a hardware compatibility confirmation. Thanks for the input, but it doesn't help. And why can I not ask a question like that? Just because I'm a new user on this forum, doesn't mean I'm a "newbie". If I wanted to read the newbie info and get super-comfortable here at InsanelyMac, I would have. But if this is how senior members treat new users, why would I want to get involved in such a place? Thanks again for your help, but it really doesn't help.

Well, since you are running a Pentium 4, you are going to have to use a hacked SEE2 kernel.

I'd recommend using the Kalyway 10.5.2 install disk, and selecting one of those kernels.

Look Here for information on your graphics.

I was unable to find anything positive on your network card, I'd recommend installing a cheap supported card.

I'm pretty new to this as well. I figured maybe if I started helping people, I may get some help in return.