nx9420 & 10.5 setup help

nx9420_mac

8 posts in this topic

hello,

i have read through so much of this and must say i am glad that this place is around and for everyone's work!

i've been working through to get my HP NX9420 working with 10.5 and would like to get some help

have tested so much stuff and 4 different install packages, different kexts, and more...now i am looking to see if someone else has gotten more setup then i have.

btw, my nx9420 is

t7200 dual core @ 2.0GHz, 4gb ram, 250gb sata, ati x1600

pretty much as maxed out as you can get one of these things.

thanks in advance for the help.

starting tomorrow, i am going to be posting up full system info details, past installs and results, in hopes that someone will be able to help me fill in the blanks to getting everything running.

I also hope that this will in turn help anyone else running a HP nx9420 or such series Hackbook Pro's, as there is a huge lack of info on these seeing as they aren't consumer common.

cheers

Yes, I have recently installed iATKOS v1.0i on my hp nx9420, t2400 dual core @ 1.83GHz, 2gb ram, 100gb sata, ati mobile radeon x1600, I don´t get sound, nor video card controller. I also installed a dual boot with vista. Did you manage to fix the video and audio controllers?

According to what I´ve seen, we cannot install any patch for the Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, is this true? Have you check on it?

I have a nx9420 working with jas dvd 10.4.8 and updated to 10.4.11

Sound OK with azalia patch (no jack output) I solved it with an USB audio card

Graphics x1600 working OK with qe/ci thanks to Apple2PC guide.

USB working (but not recognised after sleep)

wifi working thanks to an USB card.

I also had leoforall working but couldn`t get qe/ci so I uninstall it. I went back to tiger.

I hope it helps.

I am interested in leopard working in nx9420. What about yours results?

Hello mates glad I found you on cyberspace.

My baby is HP nx9420:

Proc: Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile Processor T5500 1.66 ГГц

RAM: 2,5 Gb DDR2 667Mhz

HDD: 80Gb SATA

LAN:(Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Controller)

Video ATI X1600

SOUND: ADI1981HD High Definition CODEC

Yesterday I tried to install 10.4.9 and after installation was finished loading stops somewhere in text mode.

Can you tell me what are my options to correct smth in BIOS or get another newer distribution.

Tell me please something belveryin.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...