I need to rotate the screen

zoo

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've searched everywhere a way to rotate my primary screen on my laptop. And I found nothing.

I've got a tablet PC (Asus R1F). graphic card gma 950.

I tried alwost everything... Even only just a 180° rotation would be cool. The top would be a 90° rotation...

I think it works with some external display... So it must be just a small thing to unlock...

Can anybody help me ???? Is there's any piece of code or hack or wathever to do that ???

I know there were a little software coded in 2001 or something wich did that (it won the machack stuff). But I can't found it at all only few articles wich say : "it is cool, blabla".

Thanks

Hey,

I've searched everywhere a way to rotate my primary screen on my laptop. And I found nothing.

I've got a tablet PC (Asus R1F). graphic card gma 950.

I tried alwost everything... Even only just a 180° rotation would be cool. The top would be a 90° rotation...

I think it works with some external display... So it must be just a small thing to unlock...

Can anybody help me ???? Is there's any piece of code or hack or wathever to do that ???

I know there were a little software coded in 2001 or something wich did that (it won the machack stuff). But I can't found it at all only few articles wich say : "it is cool, blabla".

Thanks

Don't know exactly what is your problem.

My observation: rotation works since 10.4.9 with default drivers if resolution switch works. No hacks needed.

One question: what version of AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer do you use? It might be 1.4.52 or greater.

thanks candykane, but I allready tried this one and it doesn't work. It's built to work with the motion sensor built in the macbook pros. So it just tell me the motion sensor is not present...

I know rotation is supported since 10.4 but it looks like it's only supported if I use an external display. I tried switchresX and it siply says that's unsuported...

How coud I know the version of AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer ? I use leopard 10.5.2.

Thanks again for your help.

I know rotation is supported since 10.4 but it looks like it's only supported if I use an external display. I tried switchresX and it siply says that's unsuported...

How coud I know the version of AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer ? I use leopard 10.5.2.

Previously I saw that in some Leo installation very old AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer is used. So I ask about versions.

To get version information you can use Finder or SystemProfiler or kextstat command or else.

But really Not all monitor support rotation. Sorry!

Hey,

Sorry for my very late reply, I had a pretty crazy time lately...

Anyway...

Thanks a lot for those utilities.

But there are no rotation option or even a change resolution one. (it said I don't have the ati harware, but launch, then I have an info windows and few useless menus)

So, doesn't seems to be the right stuff...

I'm just wondering, maybe I could change the ID of the screen, so the system could think it is a compatible one (just putting the ID of a real macbookpro wich support rotation), as long as I take care of resh rates, it should work, I guess, what do you think ? Does anybody knows how to do that ?

Thanks again for your advices and help ?