Upgraded cpu, now have install questions

ninjasays

2 posts in this topic

I was running Kalyway 10.5.2 on my old p4 3.2 and things were running great. I've recently upgraded to a core 2 duo 2.66, that meant a new mobo to go with it. I ended up with a Gigabye ga-ep45c-ds3r and am running into a few issues on install.

First of all, I can only get leo4all to boot, kalyway, ideneb and iatkos all won't load (the would load on previous computer, so the burn is good). Not an issue really, as leo4all worked for install.

I chose vanilla kernel, but things seem to be running slower then when I had my p4 in there. Should I be running the speedstep kernel?

Any thoughts as to why the other 3 wouldn't load?

Thanks.

Ok, I'm a little more awake on this post. Perhaps I can give more info that will help get some answers.

It seems that I can't boot any instance of Leo. Is there something in my bios I need to be tweaking to get the dvd to load? Dvd drive is set to load first, and it does. I've installed Vista without any issue, but with leo4all, iAtkos, iDeneb, nothing happens. The computer reads the cd, but just continues on booting and I end up with windows.

Is it possible that my motherboard won't work at all with Leo? Again, its a Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R.

I'm sorry for the noob questions, I've searched the forums and haven't been able to come up with an answer.

Thanks