Chameleon boot file deleted

kmikase

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have done a huge mistake on my computer. I have deleted files which were in the root of my Leopard partition. Now i can't access anymore chameleon and Leopard.

Is there a way to recreate this boot file without reinstalling everything ?

I made a restoration file (.dmg) for this partition but i can't make it work. I put my Kalyway Dvd then let the computer launch the installation. Then i run the disk utility and unmount my Leopard partition. Then open an image and put the image as source and the partition as destination. It should be ok but it says that ressources are used.

I don't understand.

Please, i would like some help please :)

just use the disk as a bootloader.

insert your install disc, and at the f8 boot prompt, type rd=diskXsY

(where X is your hard drive number, if it's your only hard drive, put 0 for X, if it's your 2nd hard drive, put 1, and where Y is your partition number, if it's your first partition put 1, if it's your 2nd partition put 2. for example the only partition of the only hard drive, in an MBR partition table would be disk0s1)

then use the chameleon installer from the website (chameleon DOT osx86 DOT hu) and reinstall when you boot into your system.

Thanks for your fast answer.

But because i was in hurry (my brother bring the laptop (eeepc) in New caledonia tomorrow) i had to find a solution. So on another computer i've connected the eeepc"s hardrive and installed Macdrive. And because for once i've been clever, i made a image of the Mac partition on another HD. So i just had to open this image and copy the root's files into the mac partition. Now everything works just fine. But i'll keep your technic in a text file :D

thanks