Cannot boot install on Foxconn P35A with Quad

sebekz

6 posts in this topic

My config:

- CPU Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz

- MB Foxconn P35A-S

- RAM 8GB OCZ Titanium

- GPU Radeon 3850 512MB

- Lots of HDDs (Raptor and two Samsungs 250GB and 750GB, not to mention the external Seagate FreeAgent)

- Vista Ultimate 64bit as the main OS

I tried both iAtikos v4i and Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI, with the same result. Here is how it goes:

1) I burn the ISO to the DVD

2) I reboot and boot from the DVD

3) On the Darwin boot screen, I hit F8 and run -v

4) A few kext's are loaded and after a few seconds the screen goes black blank, nothing is being read from the DVD, the HDD is silent...

I Googled a lot for similar simptoms, but found nothing. Usually people with problems see some error messages thanks to the verbose mode. In my case, all I can tell you is that I get a blank screen a few seconds after I run -v

Please guide me in the right direction.

My config:

- CPU Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz

- MB Foxconn P35A-S

- RAM 8GB OCZ Titanium

- GPU Radeon 3850 512MB

- Lots of HDDs (Raptor and two Samsungs 250GB and 750GB, not to mention the external Seagate FreeAgent)

- Vista Ultimate 64bit as the main OS

I tried both iAtikos v4i and Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI, with the same result. Here is how it goes:

1) I burn the ISO to the DVD

2) I reboot and boot from the DVD

3) On the Darwin boot screen, I hit F8 and run -v

4) A few kext's are loaded and after a few seconds the screen goes black blank, nothing is being read from the DVD, the HDD is silent...

I Googled a lot for similar simptoms, but found nothing. Usually people with problems see some error messages thanks to the verbose mode. In my case, all I can tell you is that I get a blank screen a few seconds after I run -v

Please guide me in the right direction.

You need an BIOS-Mod for your MB. I did one for an P35AX-S sometime ago. You can try to mod the BIOS yourself or just try to find an already modded one for d/ling.

-cpu problem you could boot with cpus=1

- RAM 8GB OCZ Titanium 4gb or more ram could be a problem you have to turn one memorie remap in the bios (addresing ram in 64 bit) or you could get spontanius shutdowns

- GPU Radeon 3850 512MB only works with 10.5.2 graphics update

- did you stet your sata controllers to aci mode in the bios?

and booting a dvd can take a verry verry long time!! some times 5-10 minuts befor you get the menu screen.

"Yes, but nobody wont this."

Tons of people use this cpus=1 for installation! (loads of laptop guys that have trouble with multi core cpu's)

Besides if the computer still hangs @ installing then its not the bios supporting more then 1 cpu,

then problem then is some thing else. ;)