Another Realtek 8139 Problem

Maggot92289

6 posts in this topic

I've tried installing ALL of the different variants of the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext and the PcGen one. I have a PCGC-MX/1333 with a Intel e4300 and I've read that the onboard doesn't work because it is Atheros. That's fine, I read that if I picked up a Realtek 8139 that it works OOB, which on my Kalyway 10.5.2 and my iAtkos v4i installs it does not work, even when I explicitly installed the kext with iAtkos. I'm using vanilla kernels on both and netkas SMBIOS, does it have something to do with the kernel and detecting my PCI slots? I'm at a loss here, can you guys help me out?

Thanks, any more info I need to give ya I will

You're not the only one with unanswered questions about the Realtek 8139:(

I've also got problems with it (the PCI adapter looses connections after a while)..

So my guess is that PCI Realtek 8139 isn't supported that well...

You could try either a different PCI ethernet adapter, or an official Apple USB Ethernet adapter...I heard that that one works out of the box;)

You're welcome;)

I might get the USB Ethernet Adapter aswell...But I have a problem where I get random freezes...No kernel panics but freezes..everything just locks up, and I'm forced to do a hard shutdown or reset...

I won't be using Mac OSX till I figure this problem out, unfortunately:(