Need help troubleshooting hardware problem

svenson

2 posts in this topic

I've been running OS X on my hackintosh for some time and it has always been stable until about two weeks ago when I started to get kernel panics. The panics got worse until the computer wouldn't boot into OSX at all. I tried booting up to a diagnostic CD and nothing, OSX dvd and windows cd don't work either.

The computer will go through POST and into the Darwin boot loading screen, after the countdown it restarts. I figured it was the motherboard so I bought a GA-EP35-DS3L installed and have the same problem.

Things I've tried:

• Replacing the Motherboard(GA-EP35-DS3L replaced GA-P36-DS3R)
  • Disconnecting all hardware not needed
  • Swap memory sticks in and out (haven't tried completely new RAM sticks)
  • clearing CMOS by jumper and battery
  • booting from different hard drives, different dvd drives
  • try different SATA ports
  • trying just about every combo of BIOS settings I could

No matter what after POST and when I get the darwin countdown screen, or the cd boot screen, it will restart. No beeps or errors given.

Anyone have a clue what it could be?? RAM, CPU, Video Card? The computer wouldn't POST if the processor was bad correct? Is RAM not initialized until loading the OS? Pretty sure the video card isn't the problem since it works to show everything else.

Thanks.

I've been running OS X on my hackintosh for some time and it has always been stable until about two weeks ago when I started to get kernel panics. The panics got worse until the computer wouldn't boot into OSX at all. I tried booting up to a diagnostic CD and nothing, OSX dvd and windows cd don't work either.

The computer will go through POST and into the Darwin boot loading screen, after the countdown it restarts. I figured it was the motherboard so I bought a GA-EP35-DS3L installed and have the same problem.

Things I've tried:

• Replacing the Motherboard(GA-EP35-DS3L replaced GA-P36-DS3R)
  • Disconnecting all hardware not needed
  • Swap memory sticks in and out (haven't tried completely new RAM sticks)
  • clearing CMOS by jumper and battery
  • booting from different hard drives, different dvd drives
  • try different SATA ports
  • trying just about every combo of BIOS settings I could

No matter what after POST and when I get the darwin countdown screen, or the cd boot screen, it will restart. No beeps or errors given.

Anyone have a clue what it could be?? RAM, CPU, Video Card? The computer wouldn't POST if the processor was bad correct? Is RAM not initialized until loading the OS? Pretty sure the video card isn't the problem since it works to show everything else.

Thanks.

Try swapping your RAM & VGA...