Spore crash on install

Tammm

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Recently bought Spore to give it a go. Ran the mac installer from the disc, gets to around 4 mins remaining (on file 80 of 90), then my desktop goes dark, and the old 'you need to turn off your computer' appears?

Every other app on my system is running fine. Running Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.4 manually via sleep script, gfx using EFI.

Running a core 2 duo E8300 3GHz on a P965-DS4 with 4GB RAM, and a geforce 8800 gt 512mb.

Any ideas be much appreciated!

I am actually having the same problem but a reinstall seems a bit harsh. I am using gfx strings and nvinject for my graphics and haven't had a hitch other that this. The one difference for me is that I don't get the gray reset screen it just freezes on the same file. Any ideas floating around?

@Tammm make sure you post your build and all of the other pertinent info so that we can get this figured out for everyone who may have the same problem.

• 9 months later...

I know it's been awhile since this has been discussed, but I can't find help any where else.

I put my Mac into Safe Boot and tried to install Spore. It does the same thing in Safe Boot (freezing on file 80 out of 90, sometimes with only a minute and thirty seconds left) that it does in the regular mode.

I meet all system requirements. Graphics card is GMA X3100, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and Mac OS X 10.5.7 with 2 GB of RAM and 144 MB VRAM. My copy of the CD is a friend's, but he has only installed it twice prior to loaning me the game. What's wrong?!

Help, please!

Rachel