First Hackintosh! But not sure if all is compatible!

4 posts in this topic

I have been looking around for the past week and here is what I came up with. I am not sure if all the parts are compatible therefore I have a couple of graphic cards alternative. I will be using this heavily for computer graphics related work.

The first set is using Shuttle as my casing and mobo, the second set is from scratch.

Hope someone can help me with this ;)

1. Shuttle SX48P2 E Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel X48 4 x 240Pin none Black Barebone (am not sure if this is compatible)

1. Antec Mini P180 Black Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case OR Antec Performance One P180 Silver cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Am also thinking of getting Parallel Desktop or VMware Fusion.

I have been looking around for the past week and here is what I came up with. I am not sure if all the parts are compatible therefore I have a couple of graphic cards alternative. I will be using this heavily for computer graphics related work.

The first set is using Shuttle as my casing and mobo, the second set is from scratch.

Hope someone can help me with this :P

1. Shuttle SX48P2 E Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel X48 4 x 240Pin none Black Barebone (am not sure if this is compatible)

1. Antec Mini P180 Black Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case OR Antec Performance One P180 Silver cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Am also thinking of getting Parallel Desktop or VMware Fusion.

the secound one Seems pretty good but the Grafics are the same so i would sugguest getting the cheapest on :(

Hi Pam,

I replied to your PM... figured I'll post here for others to see.

Now that the x48 boards are available I would use those boards for sure.

Looks like the Shuttle is supported, but the LAN (Ethernet) might be a little tricky getting to run as it uses the Marvell 88E8056 chip. Seems some users have it running and some having problems.

The Shuttle seems like an awful lot of money for a board/case/psu that is very, very limited. The Shuttle only supports one HD, and the power supply unit (PSU) is OK for one HD, and DVD burner but not much more. Being in graphics you will find the HD space fills up dang fast. Sure you can add external hd but internal drives for the most part are faster and out of the way.

For a price less than the Shuttle you can buy an excellent case, power supply and board..see below. Of course you have to put it all together but it’s really not difficult. The above cases in your list are fine...just seem way over priced when compared to the excellent Cooler Master 690 case.

I’ve created a wish list if I had to build another computer:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...ishListTitle=My

Shop around for much better prices.

Everything else on your list is fine...the 8800GT is supported very well. Not sure about the other graphic cards...but they don’t sound familiar.

Good choice on the Q9550!

Best,

John