Gateway M-6843...Urgent help needed

D-Mist

3 posts in this topic

I was able to successfully install Mac OSx86 using Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Gateway M-6843. There was no problem at all during the install and booting. File checksum matched after download and DVD content verification during install was perfect. I noticed that it was not detecting the keyboard during the install as I could not use the keyboard to navigate within the install window. I assumed this to be a minor problem which will correct after installation and booting. I finished the install and restarted. Had no problems with setting up Tri boot for OSx86, Vista x64 and XP Professional x64. I booted into OSx86 and was disappointed to note that the Keyboard wont work. After the intro video, it comes up with a window that says .. "BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, PLEASE CONNECT A KEYBOARD TO YOUR COMPUTER". I restared several times and the same problem kept popping up. Now I dont know what to do again.

I am quite new to the OSx86 community and am a complete novice to the OSx86 but I like it cos of the interface and graphics and wanna test run it in view of prolly getting a lisence. I cant do this if it wont work on my laptop.

I need help on how I can solve this problem and details of how to go about it.

Thanks to everyone for your anticipated help. I appreciate in advance.

BTW, the hardware specs are:

CPU Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, 2000 MHz (12 x 167)

Motherboard Name Gateway M-6843

Motherboard Chipset Intel Crestline-GM GM965

System Memory 4085 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T5663CZ3-CE6 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)

BIOS Type Phoenix (04/08/08)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (448 MB)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (448 MB)

3D Accelerator Intel GMA X3100

Monitor Chi Mei N154I3-L03 [15.4" LCD]

Keyboard Standard PS2 101/102 Keys or MS Natural Keyboard

~Micron.

• 1 year later...