Acer Travelmate - Hackintosh Material?

Dubesor

5 posts in this topic

Can u plz state the specs for it? the chipset, cpu, audio, LAN, WIFI, and the video...

Here's a post from this forum from way back in 2006 listing this exact model's specs and what does and does not work with osx86 (not sure what version that was):

Almost everything is working (except WIFI - Intel Wireless 3945ABG and Audio In/Mic) with my Acer TravelMate 4202WLMi...

. Intel Centrino Core Duo 1.66GHz (working splendidly)

. USB 2.0 ports (working flawlessly, but only after I got the BIOS 2.10 update from Acer!!!)

. GMA950 + LCD panel (flawlessly too, working out-of-box WITHOUT external VGA hack)

. Keyboard (working, currently using US-International keyboard layout [with dead keys for accents])

. DVD/CD Writer (working, full support to DVD+-R, DVD-RAM, CD+-R etc)

. High Definition Audio (working audio-out only, after editing AppleAzaliaAudio.kext)

. Broadcom 10/100 LAN (working)

. Battery/Power Info (working: remaining battery time is displayed correctly, charging info is displayed nicely, sleep function ok too...)

. Internal 56Kbps Fax/Modem (What the hell is a modem???? LOL)

]

So I guess his main problem was the wifi (3945) driver and the audio driver were. Don't know what stage these are at for current Tiger / Leopard builds ...

• 7 months later...
I looks ok for leopard... might be wrong though.

I suggest going for kalyway or iDeneb as i have had most success with them! Good Luck!

I'm going to finally put OSX on this laptop now that I've updated it to 4GB RAM.

Will this system be OK for 10.6 (the releases already out there on the intertubes)? It's got a T2300 CPU - same as the old Mac Mini. So I think it should work OK even in 64-bit, but not sure ...

Also, what's the status of the Intel wireless drivers mentioned above? Anyone know whether they're now available for 10.5 or 10.6?