10.5.2 Needs DVD to Boot

BlackFire

5 posts in this topic

I installed leopard, but even after I patch and such if I attempt to boot right from the disk, nothing happens. Its my hdd activity stays lit (but is doing nothing) and hangs without giving any prompt. Now if I have the install disk in and I don't hit anything to boot from the DVD, it loads from the hard drive fine. I know there is a solution to this problem, I just for the life of me can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction throw me a line or two on how to get it to boot from the disk?

Thanks!

Common guys, problems aren't solved by looking at a thread and not saying anything. If you don't know how to solve it, throw some ideas out. I'm a systems admin and I know that I don't know all the answers of the top of my head. I try to think of stuff relevant to it and work from there. What did you guys do to get your to work? Did any of you use kalyway's 10.5.2 install DVD to get you OS X to work? How did you get *YOUR* bootloader to work. No offense guys, but having a bunch of people going through this forum and not a single one making a post because they probably don't know how to solve it is rather sad.... and for everyone who says, "Use EasyBCD", I should smack you for relying on Vista to boot your OS X.

Now that I'm done ranting and getting the entire forums to hate me, does anyone out there even a remote idea about how to get the darwin bootloader to work?

• 9 months later...
Having the same probem, with iDeneb. Did you find asolution?

okay!

what ideneb are you using?

is it 10.5.6?

and if yes, have you been using vanilla or something else?

please write in detail if you wanna be helped!