Running a script after sleep

zwaldowski

11 posts in this topic

I was investigating some of the junk on my HackBook, an HP (specs in sig), and noticed the method used to fix shutdown for those of us with an ALC268. For those who aren't well-briefed on it, the fix moves the AppleHDA.kext to AppleHDA.taruga (a regular folder), leaving the kext empty. On startup, a script moves the .taruga file into place as a regular .kext, loads it, caches it, and moves it back. Pretty clean, huh? The only caveats are the sound being killed on sleep (probably because it probes the hardware and reloads and altered kexts) and the audio icon disappearing on each reboot.

Although I don't use the HDA fix on my laptop (shutdown usually works w/o it, depending on the ACPI kexts I use), is there any location OS X uses for scripting pre/post sleep? Maybe this same method could be done to reload the HDAEnabler and such to un-mute the muted sound.

This is related to my topic posted here.

did you try sleepwatcher ?

i've solved borings mouse issues after wakeup using that sw! it adds rc.sleep and rc.wakeup facilities where you can adapt your scripts. what i've added in rc.wakeup:

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Mouse.kext

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Mouse.kext

regards

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Intel HP dv6500CT and have this same problem with the same audio card. This is the last problem I am trying to iron out to get this 100% functional. I am also not using the shutdown fix, so I would say I am in the exact same boat as you. I have tried to manually unload and load the kexts that I assume it is using, but it isnt working. I think I just may not be trying the correct kexts for it?

I also read on some linux forums of them having the same issue, but theirs were related to the amplification device not being turned back on after system resumes from sleep (on a hardware level). But their fixes dont seem to apply to us at all from what I can tell.

If you have made any progress on this, please let me know.

Getting sleep and USB to work at the same time took me forever to figure out, and before that it was the non-existant drivers for my Intel 3945 wireless card, which I replaced with a Broadcom card just to find out the BIOS blocked it.. After creating my own flash for the BIOS I am finally at here, with almost a fully functional hackintosh laptop :-) Hopefully with enough people looking at this issue, we can come up with something to get past it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same ALC268 on my Dell Vostro 1510.

@Zwaldowski:

Have you managed to fix the sound? I'm tempted to experiment with this idea myself, but if you've already done it...

Also, you mentioned that you had your Mic working... I've been unsuccessful with that.

Can you please tell us how you got the mic working?

Many Thanks in Advance

• 1 month later...

I tried the Azalia.kext and audieee from here

http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-101853...gap#post-298779

with ALC268, but works only with the internal speakers. No headphones, no microphone. But the speakers works if I run the following script after sleep/resume:

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x15707C0 -a 0x98300060 -B 32

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 1 -a 0x98300068 -B 32

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x153B000 -a 0x98300060 -B 32

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x143B080 -a 0x98300060 -B 32

I don't know why doesn't works it with MadTux's AppleHDA. The hardware registers are the same or not?

Some useful info I found:

http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-100527...ternal-speakers

• 1 month later...

Maybe I have a solution, this is for ALC268 implementation with HP laptop (I have pavilion dv6675 but should work with other HP as well)

based on attached HDA (should be MadTux but I'm not 100% sure) (both loudspeaker and headphones work for me)

after sleep run following commands:

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01470c02 -a 0xf8400060 -B 32

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 1 -a 0xf8400068 -B 32

It works for me, Let me know if it works for you as well

AppleHDA.kext.ALC268.OK.tar

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Dell Vostro 1310. Thanks to your posts here, I've solved my sound issue once and for all (caveat being the microphone not working, but I use a bluetooth headset for that purpose).

This is the script that works for me.

#!/bin/sh

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01470c02 -a 0xf8500060 -B 32 &> /dev/null

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 1 -a 0xf8500068 -B 32 &> /dev/null

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x143B000 -a 0xf8500060 -B 32 &> /dev/null

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x153B080 -a 0xf8500060 -B 32 &> /dev/null

I found the verb addresses used above via the output.sh in the Audieee package. Then I used sleepwatcher to run the above script (found out that root:wheel must be the owner:group of the script for it to run).

As for the AppleHDA.kext driver. I found the ALC268 driver fix from "Dell laptop post installer v1.4" being the best.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Dell Vostro 1310. Thanks to your posts here, I've solved my sound issue once and for all (caveat being the microphone not working, but I use a bluetooth headset for that purpose).

This is the script that works for me.

#!/bin/sh

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01470c02 -a 0xf8500060 -B 32 &> /dev/null

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x143B000 -a 0xf8500060 -B 32 &> /dev/null

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x153B080 -a 0xf8500060 -B 32 &> /dev/null

I found the verb addresses used above via the output.sh in the Audieee package. Then I used sleepwatcher to run the above script (found out that root:wheel must be the owner:group of the script for it to run).

As for the AppleHDA.kext driver. I found the ALC268 driver fix from "Dell laptop post installer v1.4" being the best.

Thanks again!

Hy!

I have the same machine (vostro 1310) and I try ed this script withou success :S

I looked into ioregexplorer, and I found that my proper address is 0xf8300000, but with this value nothing changes...

Anyway, when I run reggie_se with this script, by hand, in read mode, with verbose output...

It starts eat 100% from one of my two cpu cores, and does nothing (what I can see)...

So it's simply works for you all?

I tryed to wait till it finishes but still nothing after a half an hour :S

What is the normal running time of it? second's right?

I'm out of ideas :S

• 7 months later...
Maybe I have a solution, this is for ALC268 implementation with HP laptop (I have pavilion dv6675 but should work with other HP as well)

based on attached HDA (should be MadTux but I'm not 100% sure) (both loudspeaker and headphones work for me)

after sleep run following commands:

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01470c02 -a 0xf8400060 -B 32

It works for me, Let me know if it works for you as well

Hi Shamrock73,

I also have a HP Pavillion model dv6521TX.

Your fix worked perfectly to get the Speaker and Headphone output back after sleep.

Now because I like to dabble with pin configurations I decided to suss out which verb would get the mic enabled again after sleep.

Here's what I use in addition to your fix.

This will fix the internal mic also.

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01970724 -a 0xf8400060 -B 32

I've attached the codec dump.txt for alc268 if anyone wishes to take a gander.

Thanks again! :(

alc268_dump.txt