No loading after install on Acer M5630 Desktop?

Pandion

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, well i managed to finally install iATKOS final version build, but when it reboots, i take out dvd to see if it will boot up, and nothing happens? It just sits there at the :

Mac Framework successfully initialized

using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 clusters IO buffer headers.

After this message above the cursor just sits not blinking on the next available line.

Anyone have any clue what i could do? Before i could not even get the install screen up until further reading suggested i disable the APIC in BIOS, i did and got the the partition formatted in the correct way to install the Leaopard, but nothing after the install.

thank goodness i partitoned correctly as i am back now on Vista and able to ask more questions as to what to try now. Any help would be appreciated, thank you all in advance.

Hello everyone, well i managed to finally install iATKOS final version build, but when it reboots, i take out dvd to see if it will boot up, and nothing happens? It just sits there at the :

Mac Framework successfully initialized

using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 clusters IO buffer headers.

After this message above the cursor just sits not blinking on the next available line.

Anyone have any clue what i could do? Before i could not even get the install screen up until further reading suggested i disable the APIC in BIOS, i did and got the the partition formatted in the correct way to install the Leaopard, but nothing after the install.

thank goodness i partitoned correctly as i am back now on Vista and able to ask more questions as to what to try now. Any help would be appreciated, thank you all in advance.

You will have to install the bootloader (Boot1h file) manually through a terminal session and set all appropriate permissions. I you take the effort to SEARCH the forum you will find several guides dealing with this common problem.

gdlck!

Intrax, hello there and thank you for the suggestion, but i did a search for bootloader and it came up with a ton of posts. I viewed many of them but nothing after installation and such. Can you please steer me in the right direction? Please help me, I am so close to this but need the final link in the equation, I do have a thumb drive ready if i need that, please help.

it's the latest Leo4All version, sorry i thought it was iAtkos. I also did the vanilla kernel for intel SSE3.

Can anyone please help me with issue? I am so close now and to those of you who have had the same issue, you know how disheartening this can be, truly I would be so appreciative of any assistance with it.

Please.

i tried again tonight with Kalyway, got it installed and then i took out dvd at reboot, and pc went to Apple logo loading screen and then nothing after about 30 seconds the little spinning circle beneath it just froze?

Any ideas anyone?

Do all the same steps as follows above except do them in the leopard/tiger install DVD.

After you completed making them GUID even if you are in the install DVD you still need to unmount the partition so do so. When you enter the lines in terminal type this instead of whats above.

CODEcd /Volumes/123/pc_efi_v72

./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsY ./boot_v8

dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1

dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

You can then continue to install leopard or tiger.

Guys, is this what Intrax meant after my first installation problem, Please? Cause if it is then i have this file on a USB drive now and i can go back and retry Leo4All v3m and scratch the Kalyway, cause now at Kalyway all i get is the Apple Logo loading screen and then nothing, the little circle freezes after a bit. But i dont mind going back to do this with a fresh install, it's my day off from work please and if all i need is to this step then i am set.

Please answer anyone as this is my one day off all week. Thank you much.