P4 1.8/sse2

SadPC

6 posts in this topic

Hello world! I'm a sad little PC user that worships likes OS X.

I've been saving for a Mac for a while now, but it's going to take a couple years. I've heard of OSX86 a long time ago but never actually had a chance to test it until now.

I've (slowly) downloaded both Kalway (10.5.1) and JaS (10.4.8) installation disks with no luck.

I tried with Kalway first, it boots OK and starts loading some text for some minutes but then just reboots and starts again...

I assumed that my PC wasn't ready for Leopard, I had redden that Leopard was still buggy on PCs so I tried with Tiger.

Again, JaS booted up fine and loaded some text but then got stuck on "Searching for root device..."

I've made a FAT32 partition for OS X.

My hardware:

Processor: 1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 (Supports SSE2)

Board: ASUS P4S533-X

HD: WDC WD800BB-00CAA1

DVD-R : LG HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B

This is my first time here so please be nice! Also I'm new at this, don't expect me to understand (very) weird stuff. Please ignore any grammar mistakes, I'm from Argentina and my English is far for being perfect.

Thanks in advance!

sadPC

Please people, I really want this!

Don't know if it will work for you but I just install iDebneb 10.5.4 on a Dell 4600 (compare specs to yours) it is a P4 2.8ghz. So there is a start.

Also, the next time you post, be sure to give as much info as you can, like what was the last text that loaded

Do a search for your issues.....and always make sure you post in the right forum

Don't know if it will work for you but I just install iDebneb 10.5.4 on a Dell 4600 (compare specs to yours) it is a P4 2.8ghz. So there is a start.

Also, the next time you post, be sure to give as much info as you can, like what was the last text that loaded

Do a search for your issues.....and always make sure you post in the right forum

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll be vkecking that out soon. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

don't expect me to understand (very) weird stuff.

On the main page

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

There are lists of hardware that work with doing this thing.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.8

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL

And a specific instance:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...SIS_645DX.29.5D

Right out of the gate:

SIS chipsets are supported by generic drivers, meaning: slow as molasses

A P4 @1.8 is going to be slow at this, ok, but SLOW.

You neglect to mention video card (check supported list) and ram, anything less than 1g of ram and you are delusional.

Hey...one of my box is a bit older than yours :-) im on

intel P4 1.7ghz

board : intel D845GBV

RAM : 512MB

Grapics: nvidia geforce 5500

and im on leopard 10.5.2 ..works fine :-)...im getting a 1GB ram for my old box so that i can use final cut pro etc

i first installed leo using ToH 10.5 dvd and from there on updaing using comboupdates with fixes..

got back now after long time ..gotta to try and update my leo to 10.5.4 ....will see how it goes :-)

Wow, that's good!

Yes me too, Mac OS X 10.5.4 (iATKOS v.4i) worked in my old PC :

- Motherboard ASUS P4VM-X (chipset VIA)

- Intel Pentium HT 2.4 GHz (FSB 533 MHz) (SSE2.. but leopard sometime detected as SSE3..?!?)

- VGA onboard S3 Savage DDR (work only 1024x768x32@60Hz, no QE, CI supported by software)

- RAM 1 GB DDR

- HD 40 GB IDE PATA

- Sound ALC'97 (working)--- driver from Mysticus Combo update 10.5.3

- LAN VIA/100 Rhine (working)--- driver from Mysticus Combo update 10.5.3

And then this machine was updated to 10.5.5, but vanilla original kernel 9.5.0 did not work, i'm using ToH patched kernel 9.2.0.

~leox86pc

Hey...one of my box is a bit older than yours :-) im on

intel P4 1.7ghz

board : intel D845GBV

RAM : 512MB

Grapics: nvidia geforce 5500

and im on leopard 10.5.2 ..works fine :-)...im getting a 1GB ram for my old box so that i can use final cut pro etc

i first installed leo using ToH 10.5 dvd and from there on updaing using comboupdates with fixes..

got back now after long time ..gotta to try and update my leo to 10.5.4 ....will see how it goes :-)