Oh no i think i killed my laptop!

tango3

8 posts in this topic

Before i was trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 but no luck so i tried the Kalyway 10.5.1 and this time it works. Oh by the way i was trying to dual boot i have a single hard drive and made two partitions one for vista and the other for mac. i was following this guide on installing it. http://maconpc.distinctlyjordan.com/2008/0...xp-and-leopard/

On the Mac OS X part i was stuck after part 21. Before that it was at the installing screen. It froze at the last 4 minutes so i decided to wait then i saw a spinning circle overlaping the instation bar. Then it restarted by it self so i thought its working. So then i followed the rest of the guide. At the boot load part number 3. I didnt see my drive it said unlocated. So i dicided to skip this part. Next it told me to go into xp/vista so i restarted my laptop Enter any key to enter startup option. So i did and their was 3 options they were:

hd(0,1)

hd(0,2) VistaOS

hd(0,3) osx

I tryied the first one and it loads then it said in big red letter ERROR.

The second one is my vista that i tried to go on. When i click it it goes shows the normal vista loading bar then it restarts. I try again and it does the same.

The third on is the mac os i click it and it shows my a gray apple logo and a spinning circle. I wait for like 10-15 mins and its still loading.

Nothing works! :P i can't even get into vista after i installed mac. I also put in my vista dvd to recover or fix it but i can't because it doesn't show my hard drive before it did but now it doesn't.

AHHHHHHHHHH i dont know what happend. PLEASE HELP :)

Oh i also opened the cmd and did the diskpart to see my partition and when it showed me it only had 1 partition?!!?!?! WTFF :huh: it had star beside it too like:

Partition ### Type Size Offset

--------------- ------- --------- -------

* Partition 1 Primary 149 GB 0 B

Before i installed mac i swear i had 3 partitions. How did it get to 1 partition all of a sudden?!?!

Hey,

First off if all of your hardware is working you didn't "Kill" your laptop. But you might have killed your os.

For the vista auto repair to work you have to have the vista partition set active. To do this use GParted (Google it) and switch the active partition. Then insert the recovery disc and see if that works.

By the way boot you mac partition with -v and see where its halting

Hey,

First off if all of your hardware is working you didn't "Kill" your laptop. But you might have killed your os.

For the vista auto repair to work you have to have the vista partition set active. To do this use GParted (Google it) and switch the active partition. Then insert the recovery disc and see if that works.

By the way boot you mac partition with -v and see where its halting

When i load up the Gparted to choose the active partition all i get in 1 hard drive and it the partition says unallocated. Before i had 3 partitions but i dont know why its unallocated.

As for the booting of the mac i typed -v and i get this:

MAC framework successfully initialized

using 15725 buffer headers and 4096 cluster I0 buffer headers