almost there. Just a few more things.

antomicblitz

3 posts in this topic

greetings and salutations. over the past week, I have struggled to get mac running on my compaq d500, but I have managed to successfully install it. I only have 2 major issues to fix now. The audio in OSX is messed up. I keep hearing "chipmunk" sound (when the sample rate is too high, i guess) but prior to loading OSX in the registration menu, the audio comes out perfectly, playing that little catchy tune in JAS 10.5.4. So my question is, could someone help me, or at least point me in the right direction so i can get my audio to work properly? i believe the name of the card is soundblaster or something, but here are the specs: Intel 82801DB ICH4 AC97

my second problem is my graphics card. I have an ATI Radeon X1300. The card functions well, but I can only choose 1 resolution and it is a bit slow. could someone enlighten me on where i need to look or how to install this? (by the way, please don't be mean and tell me to search. I have been googling and searching all day :) )

thank you for your time,

Antomic

wow! thank you so much! my card is working great now! it's not twitching anymore when I minimize something. The only problem now is that these strange squares are showing on my screen. i think they're called artifacts (correct me if i'm wrong) but still, this is great! I am eternally grateful to you, korrupted :) now I just need to fix my audio and then see if there's a way to get rid of these strange little boxes popping up on my screen :P

if I could, I'd give you some cash for your kind act of charity. You have no idea how much that was driving me crazy :P