New install - graphics messed up

Dyonas

3 posts in this topic

I've been trying on and off for a few months to get things installed on my laptop but I gave up for a while until the other day. I found the latest iAtkos 4 and JaS 10.5.4 images with 10.5.4 and burned them as slowly as possible. I can't get the JaS install working but that's another issue, the iAtkos install went along relatively smoothly and after a reboot I got the OS X introduction and set it up as you do. Like a lot of others my network adapters (wired and wireless) aren't working but far more urgent is a display issue.

Maybe one in five times if I'm lucky I can get to the desktop, the rest of the time just as it's loading the screen is light blue before the desktop appears then it flickers black briefly before coming up with a very screwed up image. I'm pretty sure it's still loading in the background because the colour will change slightly if I leave it. The laptop has integrated graphics on an Intel GM965 Express chipset and X3100 graphics. I've tried to search and there are a lot of people having similar issues with some solutions being offered but they're not for someone like me who is completely lost - patching in files? Adding original Mac files? What? I'm computer literate, I know how to do a lot but this is all new to me so I'm clueless! If anyone can offer a solution or easy to follow fix I'd be very grateful.

This is what the graphics look like when it screws up.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/lup...ter/display.jpg

i want to say, i Feel sorry for all 965 and X3100 users. maybe there is solution but i strongly suggest going through HCL and setting your hardware with most compatibility .

Do you mean during the install, customise and pick the ToH 9.2.0 kernel option?