Issue with JaS Leopard installation

greydeth

3 posts in this topic

Before I post my question I am new to the hackintosh world. I do own a MBPro 17" maxed out but need a serious workstation for my editing needs (i.e. photo manipulation and cataloguing).

I have been reading the forums and am looking for a little help. I have downloaded the ToH & JaS Leopard DVD's with installs getting hung up (way before I get to the OS X instalation).

I keep getting stuck right after "BSM auditing present4". Install states:

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID C48352B6-FD24-3616-9A87-0D761768442D

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResrources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot=uuid=media</string></dict>

My hardware specs is minimal

MB: Intel DG33TL

CPU: core Quad Q6600

Ram: (2) 2GB 800MHz

HD: Sata WD 80GB

Video: onboard

Sound: disabled in Bios

ENET: onboard

DVD: BenQ DVD (IDE) [read that should issue may be with IDE and should use a Sata DVD-rom: used a LG SATA HD-DVD/Blu-ray drive]

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If more info necessary that I haven't provided..please ask.

FYI: I also have a OS X Leopard 5-user retail disc

As you have Intel Core2 CPU and Intel Motherboard, why not try Modified Boot-132 loader CD and your retail Leopard Install Disk?

Read all about it in this thread

Gujal, thank you for the advice. I will check out the thread and post how things went! I can't wait to get this working!

GD