Write Error w/ Leo4allv4.1 AMD

razinx

20 posts in this topic

I tried to install this version (which is the only one that will supposedly work on my lappy - due to mcp67 chipset) however when I use drive utility during install to format the drive its gets a write error and fails to actually format the drive. At least this version can see my drives, but not much good if i cant actually write to the drive. Any ideas/suggestions?? hopefully theres a resolution as this was supposed to be the version that finally works!!

Thanx!

ok, so I mounted the image, perhaps im still newbish, but i cant remove files nor add them, treated like a cd (no write access) What am i doing wrong? I first did it under Windows, mounted with daemon tools, but that also treats like a CD. Then I booted up mac on my other pc and mounted there, but same result.......how do I do this? Can a ppf be created from this?

Heres what I typed under terminal

hdiutil attach /Volumes/USB8GB/Leo4Allv4.1.iso -readwrite

The iso is stored on USB Thumbdrive

And I get this

2008-09-04 19:13:22.163 hdiutil[895:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

2008-09-04 19:13:22.308 diskimages-helper[897:1603] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Sorry, but I'm not good with terminal/bash commands.

Heres what I typed under terminal

hdiutil attach /Volumes/USB8GB/Leo4Allv4.1.iso -readwrite

The iso is stored on USB Thumbdrive

And I get this

2008-09-04 19:13:22.163 hdiutil[895:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

2008-09-04 19:13:22.308 diskimages-helper[897:1603] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Sorry, but I'm not good with terminal/bash commands.

here is what you do

open up terminal

type sudo -s

put in password

type hdiutil attach "drag the iso to terminal window" -readwrite

No luck here

I did exactly as u said.

brandons-system-product-name:~ Brandon$ hdiutil /Volumes/USB8GB/Leo4Allv4.1.iso -readwrite

Thats what the prompt looks like after dragging the iso

And heres the error

2008-09-04 20:29:43.949 hdiutil[942:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

hdiutil: /Volumes/USB8GB/Leo4Allv4.1.iso: verb not recognized

kevinchennn,

Had to leave InsanelyMac IRC as it kept crashing in Firefox.

It looks like the MCP67 "driver" is still in early development. It would be nice to see a thread that diagnoses the problems it is having.

The good news is that, at least the drive is recognized :(