Help with ATI X300 and kalyway leo 10.5.1

Retromoe

11 posts in this topic

So i decided to retry installing Mac on my Dell Insprion 9300, Im also a total newb to this, i did do my searching for the drivers but no luck, installation goes perfectly i even hear the mac start up sound and the guy speaking but just its White blank screen.

So if someone can really help me it would mean alot.

Installing : Kalyway 10.5.1, i only have the option to select older ati drivers (x1900 and x1xxx) and thats it. Which kalyway iso is going to be able to provide ATI X300's driver?

Computer : Dell Insprion 9300

100GB Hd

Intel Centrino

ATI X300 Mobility radeon

just got it up and running, it looks fantastic i think ill be installing it on my desktop soon.

although my internet isnt working any patches or anything avaliable for this? its a Intel ® PRO/Wireless 2200BG

usb ports work fine, keyboard and everything else, oh yeah also the sound.

When i get the internet up and running is it safe for me to update it or should i just leave it?

edit :

Wireless

* This was the hardest part. If you have the Intel 2200BG card, here's how it work.

* With the iwi2200.zip file (Located HERE), extract it to the desktop.

* Move the iwi2200.kext to /System/Library/Extension

chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

chmod -R 755 iwi2200.kext

* Move nsGUI.app & networkselector to /Application

chown / chmod in same mode of iwi2200.kext

reboot

f8 / -v at darwin loader

* When it comes back you, you'll have to go to Applications, open the Network Selector First. When the options come up it should look like this:

i downloaded the zip from that thread but im having trouble " chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

chmod -R 755 iwi2200.kext" i dont really get the "chown - r " thing

can someone explain?

update: i installed a driver from this google/wiki site and as i was restarting the computer frozed, i hit the power, it shut off and then it keeps giving me the message please hold restart or restart the computer over and over.

whats next? oh btw i can use the internet via wired connect but i'd love to get the wireless up and running.

• 1 month later...
just got it up and running, it looks fantastic i think ill be installing it on my desktop soon.

although my internet isnt working any patches or anything avaliable for this? its a Intel ® PRO/Wireless 2200BG

usb ports work fine, keyboard and everything else, oh yeah also the sound.

When i get the internet up and running is it safe for me to update it or should i just leave it?

edit :

Wireless

* This was the hardest part. If you have the Intel 2200BG card, here's how it work.

* With the iwi2200.zip file (Located HERE), extract it to the desktop.

* Move the iwi2200.kext to /System/Library/Extension

chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

chmod -R 755 iwi2200.kext

* Move nsGUI.app & networkselector to /Application

chown / chmod in same mode of iwi2200.kext

reboot

f8 / -v at darwin loader

* When it comes back you, you'll have to go to Applications, open the Network Selector First. When the options come up it should look like this:

i downloaded the zip from that thread but im having trouble " chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

chmod -R 755 iwi2200.kext" i dont really get the "chown - r " thing

can someone explain?

You got it running (the graphic driver ATI Radeon x300 mobility) by choosing another driver at customize menu during install? thx...

And btw my network card is working, also bluetooth is running except wifi is not running... Intel Wireless... everything else is running suprisingly ok...

So i decided to retry installing Mac on my Dell Insprion 9300, Im also a total newb to this, i did do my searching for the drivers but no luck, installation goes perfectly i even hear the mac start up sound and the guy speaking but just its White blank screen.

So if someone can really help me it would mean alot.

Installing : Kalyway 10.5.1, i only have the option to select older ati drivers (x1900 and x1xxx) and thats it. Which kalyway iso is going to be able to provide ATI X300's driver?

Computer : Dell Insprion 9300

100GB Hd

Intel Centrino

ATI X300 Mobility radeon

Try reloading your ATi drivers. I have an x300 in my Sony Vaio rb57gy, and here is what I did to get it working.

press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

Credit goes to the Kalyway team and their useful info in the .rtf

• 3 months later...
Try reloading your ATi drivers. I have an x300 in my Sony Vaio rb57gy, and here is what I did to get it working.

press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

Credit goes to the Kalyway team and their useful info in the .rtf

I tried this but it told me directory does not exist. I Googled it and found you had to do this:

put in DVD

press F8

type -s press enter

type mount -uw / enter

type ./movevideodrivers enter

there I get another error directory doesnt exist

As for the wireless I replaced mine with a Dell TrueMobile 1350 (internal) that costed $20 on eBay Airport Utility picks it right up