Scorecards Retail 132 Installs vs. Kaly & Co

ninetto

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have just completed a Retail-132 install on a Gigabyte P35-DS3p board.

I was simply AMAZED how easy and fast the install went! Thanks much to all involved...

But maybe because I was so in love with my rock-fast and solid Kaly 10.5.1 install, I am a bit skeptical if the retail -nstall really offers that much more...

What are the impressions of klay/uphuck/Leo4all/etc users who have switched to retail?

What tweaks and special problems (if any) have you experienced?

Me, I have kept my good old Kaly on a separate disk, and I am about to start installing loads of software on the new RETAIL 132 to give it a run-through... will report.

greetinz, ninetto

Hmmmm, nobody care to rave or comment on retail 132-installs... I would rather not sift thru the 35 pages of posts on the original thread!

Just would like to hear conclusions/tweaks about successful installs using this method, not WHAT-NUMBER-DO-I-TYPE-AT-BOOT sort of thing.

regards, ninetto

The biggest difference from running 123 and retail compaed to all others is clean system updates direct from apple, no need to run any scripts process etc, simple updates direct.

So are you booting from a usb-stick via stickpin's method ?

Because if you use any modded kexts, you always run the danger of updates screwing things up... which gets back to the orginal question:

how many or which patches are people using with the 132 retail install method?

I've read some that claim "just 5"... 6... or?

Then the question of performance/stability. The impression I have of my retail install is quite good using Tsuegs tips with IS8'sPackage, plus PCWIZ ControlCtr to add shutdownfix... but it is still too early to give a detailed report. Anybody else with results?