ACER Aspire 5720 install problems

WirelessMonkey

6 posts in this topic

Hey, this is my first time trying to install OSX on a PC! So if someone could help me out i would be very gratefull!

Ok so i boot of the disc, start installer, set up the discs etc. However the installer decides to randomly crash (Causing my Laptop to simply turn off?). It usually does it when Verifying the Leopard DVD. However its done it before then aswell.

Again help is much appreciatted :D

Guest xrodriguez

It seems you have overheating problems, and your laptop shuts off to protect the system.

Is your fan running during the instalation ?

I have an Aspire 5720 and i had to refesh manually the laptop when i installed Leopard :D

• 2 months later...

I have an acer 5720-4643 (aka 5720Z.) I'm trying to install leopard to an 8GB usb memory stick.

During installation, the laptop gets very hot. (My guess is that the fan has either turned off or is running very slowly.) Eventually, it turns off. How did you all get past this issue ? Since it's almost winter, I don't mind going out in the backyard and running the installation on a windy day. Is the fan/heat issue only a problem during the installation process or is it also a problem after the installation ? I tried the following iso's and I was unsuccessful as either the laptop would crash or would power off"

kalyway 10.5.2

iatkos 2.0i

msiwindowsx86

• 2 weeks later...