from "b0 error" to blinking cursor

letfeardomring

9 posts in this topic

After 5 days or so my downloaded finally finished (KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3.zip)

much to my dismay, when extracting (with 7-zip) i get the error:

CRC failed in "KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3\kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso' File is broken.

can I fix this?

the above is the only 10.5.1 version of kalyway i saw out there. can anyone help direct me to a working copy via some private help?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!

ps - if i understand correctly, kalyway 10.5.1 is the only version of leopard that will work with a dell inspiron 6000 (my laptop which is currently out of commision w/ no OS).

it worked with winrar. thanks! let's see how install goes...

install was successful, but now i get a "b0 error" even after following these instructions:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

i used get parted live originally... to create an hfs+ partition. after reboot back into install DVD, i type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 and then p, there is an asterisk next to partition 2 (the hfs+ partition). and actually there was already one there before i did the first flagging of that parition too. so...? any thoughts? thanks!

install was successful, but now i get a "b0 error" even after following these instructions:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

i used get parted live originally... to create an hfs+ partition. after reboot back into install DVD, i type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 and then p, there is an asterisk next to partition 2 (the hfs+ partition). and actually there was already one there before i did the first flagging of that parition too. so...? any thoughts? thanks!

i realized the other partition (which has an old installation of XP -- which i have abandoned for the time being because it had corrupted system files/registry issues) was also mounted, and thought that might be the problem. i unmounted this using the disk utility on the kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, rebooted, but i still get "b0 error" ...so more digging i guess.

i realized the other partition (which has an old installation of XP -- which i have abandoned for the time being because it had corrupted system files/registry issues) was also mounted, and thought that might be the problem. i unmounted this using the disk utility on the kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, rebooted, but i still get "b0 error" ...so more digging i guess.

ok well b0 error is gone, but blinking cursor issue on boot is now the problem. the partition is active and flagged as the boot. not sure what else to do.

is there any hope that if i reformat the whole hard drive and start fresh (instead of starting with a partition using getparted) that i would have better luck? i was trying to avoid this, as there is still data on the other partition and the beginnings of an xp install (just have to install all drivers) which, although backed up, i would like to keep.

thanks!

ok well b0 error is gone, but blinking cursor issue on boot is now the problem. the partition is active and flagged as the boot. not sure what else to do.

is there any hope that if i reformat the whole hard drive and start fresh (instead of starting with a partition using getparted) that i would have better luck? i was trying to avoid this, as there is still data on the other partition and the beginnings of an xp install (just have to install all drivers) which, although backed up, i would like to keep.

thanks!

thoughts on a complete reformat? should i abandon this cause?