Audio porblem with Realtek HD Audio

mikhailin

4 posts in this topic

Please, help me to resolve an issue with my Acer Aspire 8920G. I have iAtkos v4i 10.5.4 installed on it, but no sound with built-in Realtek HD Audio. Taruga's approach doesn't work, Azalia installer also. I tried many kexts, but the result always the same - no input, no output, no device in system properties.

From which point should I start to resolve this issue?

Please, help me to resolve an issue with my Acer Aspire 8920G. I have iAtkos v4i 10.5.4 installed on it, but no sound with built-in Realtek HD Audio. Taruga's approach doesn't work, Azalia installer also. I tried many kexts, but the result always the same - no input, no output, no device in system properties.

From which point should I start to resolve this issue?

Which Realtek driver is it, ALC888? If it is, I can definitely help you find what you need. :D

As every Realtek HD Audio my card consists of two devices (exact ids):

1. Codec - 0x10ec0889 (ALC889)

2. Controller - 0x284b8086 (in Windows it's "Microsoft UAA bus... ")

The only AppleAzaliaAudio.kext with these ids in plists gives me "HD Audio Output" in sound properties, but no physical sound from laptop speakers and any outs.

With AppleHDA.kext there is no any audio devices in my system and also no sound.

---------------------------------------------------

Solving this issue is very important, becuase many owners of Acer Aspire 5920/6920 (8920 is rather rare) have no sound with MacOS.

Have you also tried the HDAEnabler kext? It replaces ALCInject. Azalia never worked for me, but luckily Taruga's website is back up. I HIGHLY recommend downloading any file that seem that may help you because one file of his helped me get my sound (ALC888). You may be able to find it there in the Leopard Kext section or you can try to get your sound working by using linux code dumps and patching them using his v1.20 patcher. There's also a forum on that site as well that's dedicated to getting sound working on Hackintoshes. :(

Hope you find what you need there. That's all the advice I can give really. :\