Help with Install!

iflisolo

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to the forums and wanted to see if anyone could help me with my installation On a PC. First of all, i downloaded a version of Kalyway Mac OSx and decided to do a clean install. So i erased my former Windows partition and installed the mac one. Everything went smoothly during install but at the end when it rebooted and started up, the keyboard setup screen came up. So i pressed the keys and said what country i live in blah blah, then i came to the transfer files section. I chose "transfer files later" or something like that. When i clicked it, the little beach ball came up and......a few seconds later........keyboard setup again asking me to configure my keyboard -_-:) !!!!!!!! I tried re-installing the Os but everytime i did it, the same thing would happen. It just loops and loops. Any help? :(

Oh by the way, Im using a

-->Dell E520

-->Intel Pentium D

-->2.8ghz CPU w/1Gb RAM.

Hello, I'm new to the forums and wanted to see if anyone could help me with my installation On a PC. First of all, i downloaded a version of Kalyway Mac OSx and decided to do a clean install. So i erased my former Windows partition and installed the mac one. Everything went smoothly during install but at the end when it rebooted and started up, the keyboard setup screen came up. So i pressed the keys and said what country i live in blah blah, then i came to the transfer files section. I chose "transfer files later" or something like that. When i clicked it, the little beach ball came up and......a few seconds later........keyboard setup again asking me to configure my keyboard :D:D !!!!!!!! I tried re-installing the Os but everytime i did it, the same thing would happen. It just loops and loops. Any help? :D

Oh by the way, Im using a

-->Dell E520

-->Intel Pentium D

-->2.8ghz CPU w/1Gb RAM.

To get past this networking related error, do the following:

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

6. Reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator.

Thanks Verdant, ill try that but it seems i came across another problem with and HFS partition error message. :P

See my reply to your HFS post.....also regarding looping error you can if you with reinstall OS X from scratch wwith initially selecting any network driver option in "Customize"....... :P

To verdant or anyone else, how can i reconnect to the internet after installing Mac. I finally was able to log on as a sys admin and found out that i have no internet access in it. Maybe because i forgot to check network drivers during the install?? ;)

Maybe theres a way around it?