Overwhelming...

Dementual

15 posts in this topic

Alright, so... I've tried to install OSx86 several times before but I've always run into some sort of problem either with ethernet, sound, graphics, and everything else in the book.

So I decided to give it a bit of time before I tried it again (I hate waiting -_- ) but this time I want to make sure I do it right.

Since I was last here (and even during that time) I've been overwhelmed by the amount of... choices and options that I have to make. I'm hoping that someone can direct me to the correct DVD that'll work fine with my hardware. I'd be very glad- I just don't want to run into an immense amount of problems like I did the last few times I tried installing.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum:

Gigabyte S-Series Support AMD Socket AM2 GA-M57SLI-S4 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Motherboard

2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz

EVGA e-GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3

DVD/CD Player/Burner thing that uses IDE

250GB SATA HDD

Acer AL2216W 22" VGA Monitor

5.1 Speakers of some company's creation

If I missed anything, please let me know and I'll add it.

:)

I think that Leo4all will be able to cover *most* of your hardware. But that does not mean you will not have to get additional drivers. With all installs you will have to add some drivers to get all your hardware to work. The installs basically provide the foundation to your system. Then you will have to search around for drivers, but here at insanelymac there is many helpful people. Also, if you are really stuck you can go into the IRC chat where there is people to assist you with your problems.

The install disc I used which is Atkos 10.5.4 v4i has Nforce chipset drivers so that will cover your chipset.

EDIT: I did a google search and found out that your motherboard has the Marvell 88E1116 ethernet controller. I cannot find a release that has this driver in it, but you can without a doubt, install Leopard or Tiger, then download the driver from this forum in Windows or other kind of OS or even another computer, after you get download it put it on a flash drive or external hard drive and install it into Leopard or Tiger via usb. After you do so you will have the ethernet working and you can browse the web. Good Luck!

I'm not sure how to get the exact information on the adapter as it's integrated into the motherboard, but windows system information says this:

Name [00000004] NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3

Product Type NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

The last time I installed a few months ago I used a version of iAtkos and I just couldn't get ethernet to work, and I went through all of the chipsets that were available at the time. Got everything else working, though. :P

I edited my post, you have the Marvell 88E1116 ethernet controller which is stated on Gigabyte's site. Simply use iAtkos get your chipset working so you can boot into the system. Go to a different computer, log on to this forum, search for the Marvell 88E1116 driver then put it on a flash drive, go back into Leopard or Tiger, plug in the flash drive, install the driver on your hackintosh

Yeah, you should use iAtkos because I do not think that leo4all has Nforce chipset drivers yet I am sure that iAtkos v4i 10.5.4 has them. Your welcome, btw if you need any help getting Leopard installed or then afterwards just send me a PM or ask in the IRC channel.

EDIT: Make sure to install SATA drivers since you are using a SATA HDD.

Okay, I just wanted that clarified in case it was dependent on the hard drive.

Also, I found this for the latest Leo4All:

Chipset Drivers:

(NOTE- JMicron is the only driver that always installs so please choose at least 1 option, some will have to choose 2 [if you have Marvell IDE and Intel SATA for example]) If your not sure you can click all but 1 Nforce, as they will overwrite each other.

Nforce Old - This is the older version of Medevils Nforce(1.0.2) driver. Install this if you have issues with SATA enabled causing a panic. Known to work for some Nforce3 users.

Nforce Test- If you have a SATA DVD or do not have issues booting the DVD normally choose the NforceTest.

Nforce 67- IF you have MCP67 Chipset this is the one you want to use.

SiliconImage3132 - I have not found anyone that uses this specific chipset to confirm if it works.

VIA, SiS, Marvell and SB - Please install this if you are using any of these chipsets. If you have a Marvell IDE drive please install this as they should be supported. I have added many ID's here so I hope they all work! This choice installs AppleVIAATA, AppleOnboardPCATA and AppleGenericPCATA. Confirmed working for SiS!

SAS - By request I added support for this, as of my writing this its untested. Hopefully it works.

Intel ICHx- This is in there but this iso is only for AMD so it isn't much use. I added it for the intel release coming soon.

Does it have the correct Nforce driver? (Sorry for being a bother here, but I'm already over half-finished with getting Leo4All and I wanted to be sure if I had to start over or not first)

Unfortunately, my download of Leo4All slowed to approximately 0.0kb/s at around 51% and has been holding an ETA of over a two years since last night.

So I started up a download on the latest iAtkos 4a disk. What drivers would you recommend I select for it?