Anyone got 2x 7300GT cards working in their machine?

TSM

15 posts in this topic

I have just put together my first Hackintosh. All works well after a little fiddiling.My main graphics card is a Pny 7300gt , which works from DVI and Dsub. As I have 3 monitors i thought I would install a second 7300GT, this time a Gigabyte one. Problem is when it boots into OSX, it doesn't work and is not recognised. If i boot from that card, I get a black screen at boot up. Using the card on it's own works (although the DVI does not) but 2 7300gt cards are not working.So...

Should I buy an exact copy of my exsisting card?

Anybody got 2x Nvidia 7300gt's working?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

TSM

E6600

Asus p5w DH

6gb ram

Kalyway 10.5.4

Using NVinject 2.1

Thanks amantheboy & peach-os! Much appreciated. I have my 3rd monitor now working...

Peach-os, do you have your Quartz working ok? Everything works but this...can't figure out

how to make it work.Any ideas?

Thanks!

TSM

Thanks amantheboy & peach-os! Much appreciated. I have my 3rd monitor now working...

Peach-os, do you have your Quartz working ok? Everything works but this...can't figure out

how to make it work.Any ideas?

Thanks!

TSM

yes - quartz is working. how did you do it? strings?

Yes, String method.Third monitor working fine, except Quartz .Did you have to change anything else Peach-os or did it work from the start? As you have a similar setup, would you mind uploading your working string so I could try that?Can message me if you prefer.

Would really appreciate it! :)

Thanks

Thanks for the link Peach-Os. I have tried these and making my own from the GFX util template....Still nothing. Cards work,

just says Quartz Extreme not supported.

I must be doing something stupid ;) I have the right pci device info as the second card boots, and the Vram is correct at 256mb...

Don't know what else to try....Are there any other files I need to check on?

Thanks

Are you using the Leopard Graphic's Update kexts?

Try this:

Download the Leopard Grahpics Update.

Use Pacifist to extract all the GeForce and NV kexts.

Back up your current GeForce and NV kexts.

Replace the current kexts with the ones you extracted.

Repair permissions and delete the extensions cache, or boot with -f.

See if that helps.

Try this:

Download the Leopard Grahpics Update.

Use Pacifist to extract all the GeForce and NV kexts.

Back up your current GeForce and NV kexts.

Replace the current kexts with the ones you extracted.

Repair permissions and delete the extensions cache, or boot with -f.

See if that helps.

that´s a very good point. I did the graphics update as well.

Thanks for the tip. I have the Leopard graphics update and Pacifist. I sent the first file Geforce.kext to the trash, dragged and droped the update file into the same directory, put in my password when prompted and the file copied....but both times I tried

it said I had to restart my computer soon after. When I looked at the extentions folder, Geforce.kext was missing.

What am I doing wrong? :D

Thanks

Well, if you only dropped one kext, then it wasn't done right.

Let me list the files that you have grab from Leopard Graphics Update.

geforce.jpg

nv.jpg

All of these files need to be backed up and then replaced with the ones from the Leopard Graphics Update.

I know that one of the updates AFTER the Leopard Graphics Update breaks my CI/QE, but when I reverted back it fixed the problem.

Successfully entered the new files via Pacifist. On first boot second screen was garbled( Black background not blue) if I dragged an icon it made the background turn back to blue...bit like painting with an icon ;)

repaired extentions again in disk utils and so far so good.....All Quartz enabled and hardware accelerated across 3 displays...Yippee :D

Thanks to everyone who helped out. Much appreciated!

TSM