Laptop wont boot up if the power cable is not plugged in? OS X 10.5.2 (Leo4all)

Will V

8 posts in this topic

What's going on people?

So I've been configuring my HP laptop for about 4 days already. Installing drivers and trying to get all the devices working fine using Leo4all 10.5.2. The whole time i've kept the laptop plugged into the power cable and after having the laptop and on battery power for the first time the system halts upon bootup at the following line (during the darwin loading screen)

Mac OS Version:

9C7010

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:35:29 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

System model name: HP Compaq nc4200

So the system just stops there and does not continue to boot up.

I did installed power management during the installation process (dont know if this is because of that). Now if i boot up the laptop with the power cable plugged in, then it boots up just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks you,

Will V

What's going on people?

So I've been configuring my HP laptop for about 4 days already. Installing drivers and trying to get all the devices working fine using Leo4all 10.5.2. The whole time i've kept the laptop plugged into the power cable and after having the laptop and on battery power for the first time the system halts upon bootup at the following line (during the darwin loading screen)

Mac OS Version:

9C7010

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:35:29 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

System model name: HP Compaq nc4200

So the system just stops there and does not continue to boot up.

I did installed power management during the installation process (dont know if this is because of that). Now if i boot up the laptop with the power cable plugged in, then it boots up just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks you,

Will V

Could it be the ACPI settings in BIOS?........ :wacko:

Hmm... To be honest i dont know (dont even know what the ACPI is LOL) I know that during the OS X installation when while on the customized screen it mentioned that it will install ACPI 1.0 as a default if none was selected (if i choose Power Management which i did since i have a laptop)

I got it to work. Just went into the BIOS and disable "Intel SpeedStep technology" and now i'm able to bootup while on battery power :(

Glad you sorted out the problem..... :blush:

@ Shawn6

On your Desktop, it is not a keyboard issue, search for "Welcome loop" on the forum. Basically you need a usable network connection (such as ethernet, Com1:, Firewire, etc) inside OSX to complete the initial setup.

can you send me a link to leo please?, it doesnt seem like kalyway will ever work with any of my pc's wont even install on laptop and on desktop it keeps configuring me keyboard over and over, never finishes :D

This keyboard configure - Welcome screen loping is network related e.g. corrupted or incomplete IONetworking Family.kext etc. It affected iDeneb 10.5.4 v1.....see my blog....

Solution:

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

6. Reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator.