Need to know

neotigZ

8 posts in this topic

I have had a jas 10.4.8 installation for over a year now and i have a lot of files that i cant back up or put on another hard drive or anything. It has recently crashed all my files are there and everything. I downloaded the jas 10.5.4 and was wondering if i can use it to update and not lose any of my files? or is there somethign i can use to partion it and move the files to it and install? Please help THANKS :(

well i thought i would check to see if the disk i burned would work. im tryin to use the JaS.OSx86.10.5.4.Client.Server.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso it trys to load up then it says error firewire not secure switching to full secure or something like that then sits there a while then says still waitin on root device and it keeps sayin that. i had to use ubuntu to burn the image. does someone think that may be a problem or maybe it just didnt burn right that time or what idk.

If you have a windows installation connect your Mac HD as external with a USB connection or something.

Try to find a program called "MacDrive" and nothing is lost on your drive .

im already using macdrive. the thing is im out of room on my windows hd :S.... but what about the problem with the still waitin on root device? thanks for the reply. i was gettin lonely :(

I have a plan for backing stuff up now. i just need to know why it says still waiting on root device. its the JaS.OSx86.10.5.4.Client.Server.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso. it gets to the screen where its loading everything and says there is an error with the firewire and something about switching to full secure mode then says still waiting on root device and keeps sayin it.

MANY people have hid this problem and there are MANY threads about it. You will have to search, there is not one easy answer and you may need to read many posts to find the one which works for you. I had to use -x safe mode to install, and then change the kernel after it loaded before the install and then install it with ZERO of the drivers or add ons, then fix them all one at a time after it booted to the OS. Good luck and look around, the answer IS out there.