Intel 82573L Ethernet

HackBook Pro

7 posts in this topic

Guest BuildSmart

Bumping every day wont get you an answer so to shut you up I will provide one.

The only time I have seen this issue is when IONetworkingFamily.kext is drastically altered where binaries from earlier versions are substituted for what the user believes is a solution to his problem.

If you stick to editing the AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist file and ensure that your cards ID's are listed you should not experience any issues with the ethernet.

What does this mean to you? STOP downloading and installing drivers unless the driver is custom (not customized) and is not provided in the original apple installation.

A good example of this is installing a modified IONetworkingFamily.kext to make the ethernet look like it is built in is a band-aid that is better resolved through the use of a device-properties string (which doesn't break on software update).

Sorry for bumping everyday. :D

I'll see what I can do. Thank you for a response. :)

Thing is, I changed the kext AFTER it stopped working. It just stopped working randomly.

EDIT: I replaced IONetworking with a stock one (from a backup), and it loaded (without me editing it), but it still doesn't work.

Guest BuildSmart

It stopped working cause it's already messed up to begin with, Kalyway, iAtkos and JaS installers tend to muck with these things in their attempt to provide solutions for everyone however some of the implementations are not done correctly.

I have full vanilla Leo installs from apple DVD's, I patch ethernet and audio, everything else works OOB and I experience no issues.

I have a kext that checks the Info.plist to ensure ethernet contains the correct ID's and inserts them if they are removed so the only thing I end up re-patching after a software update is audio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...