Hi All new to forum I failed to load ubuntu onto my pc p5wdh mainboard

1 post in this topic

Its Funny I was looking to find updates because of bugs in the ubuntu 8.04 and i came across an article this site saying the p5wdh was and excellent board to DIY a mac I had heard on the grape vine it had been done but didnt know it had taken off in such a big way. ;)

It hasn’t allowed me to solve my ongoing linux problem but it has given me hope to escape the disappointing vista ultimate software which I am sick to death of tweaking but continue to get pi$$ed off with it. It the worst operating system I have used since my first z80!!!!!! In fact it crashes out more than my z80 and every add on programme I use has some vista fault.

Anyway I have enjoyed ubuntu on my other system but the Jmicron controller problem stops me installing on my pw5dh deluxe. Well i can get it running but not an ideal dual boot system as i need to mess with bios and the sata drive dont all come on line

So reading this forum has given me an alternative distraction

Anyway I have a spare hard drive to hand and will attempt to install leopard.

My set up is a s follows

E6600 core duo

P5wdh deluxe

2gb ram

3 sata drives Samsung drives 300gb each

Dvdrw. lableflash

Nvidia 7900gtx. (single card)

All water cooled

I have dual monitors one is my 37 inch lcd and the other a 19 inch flat screen.

Just need to check will I still be able to dual boot both screens with leopard?

The system is water cooled and has run stable at 3.6mhz although a bit noisy at this levels so I tend to just run it at 2.8mhz

Anyway I will follow the guide and give this ago.

Any advice welcome

cameronboy