Folder question

JuzzMann

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

i just wanted to know if its possible to duplicate a folder and have it live update itself?...let me explain myself....

i'm running 10.4.11

i have an external HD that i just bought and i would like to backup all my music, but the problem is, i am constantly adding to the itunes music folder on "Macintosh HD"...my bootable disk

I would like to know if its possible to make a duplicate of the itunes music folder onto my external HD that would update itself when i add new music in the folder on "macintosh HD"

Thanks in advance,

excuse the terrible description....im not a very good explainer...if thats even a word lol

Justin.

I use Carbon Copy Cloner!

Select your drive with music on, on the left. On the right choose "incremental Backups or Selected Items"

You will the have the option on the left to unselect the whole music drive and mark only the folder with your music in! you can save this options by unlocking it and saving your options!

good things once you have done one backup it will always just add new stuff! there is also an option to delete stuff that is not on the source anymore, but i don't like that so the music stays no matter if I remove it from the source!

SticMAN

Hey all,

i just wanted to know if its possible to duplicate a folder and have it live update itself?...let me explain myself....

i'm running 10.4.11

i have an external HD that i just bought and i would like to backup all my music, but the problem is, i am constantly adding to the itunes music folder on "Macintosh HD"...my bootable disk

I would like to know if its possible to make a duplicate of the itunes music folder onto my external HD that would update itself when i add new music in the folder on "macintosh HD"

Thanks in advance,

excuse the terrible description....im not a very good explainer...if thats even a word lol

Justin.