Installed iatkos v2. booted back into vista and now i cant boot into my os x partition

andoguitarfreak

2 posts in this topic

How ya goin m8?

anyways. I installed iatkos onto my lappy. i didnt install it with driver and so forth just default intall.

my guide then told me to boot back up and it would boot into vista but it didnt work and it said there was an error.

so i just booted into mac and had a play and just experianced the whole mac thing cause its my first time.

then my vista boot disk in and used the repair tool and it repaired it and then i booted into vista fine no probs.

BUT in computer the macleopard partition isnt there but in manager its there but its not named. so i did what the guide said and copied chain0 into c drive. then used command prompt and wrote:bcdedit /copy {current} /d “Mac OS X”

bcdedit /enum active

bcdedit /set {GUID} PATH \chain0

there was no mac os x partition to input into the last code so i didnt do it i just exited.

after that i rebooted and it asked what to boot from and if i choose mac osx it just says error then boots into vista.

Also im in need of drivers for my sigmatel high def codec. because there was no sound while in mac.

if there is one i need a driver for intel pro wireless 3945 abg, realtek ethernet and something for my built in webcam.

Plz help many thanx for anyone that helps me out

Do the following:

Chain0 method don't work sometime. To solve your problem you have to install a boot loader. Either install darwin bootloader from iATKOS disk or download OSx86 Tools which has a boot loader option.

Solution

In case you download OSx86 Tools:

1. Make Leopard partition active. You can do that by using Disk Manager (by right clicking Computer-> Manage->Disk Management.)

2. Boot into Leopard.

3. Start OSxTools. Use the "Install standard Darwin (no EFI) bootloader" option to install the bootloader onto your leopard partition.

4. Once done, reboot. Now you will get a boot menu showing all your partitions. Select the partition (Vista / Leopard) to run the OS.

In case you have iATKOS install disk

1. Boot from iATKOS disk.

2. Skip the first screen.

3. Now you will get a menu in which you will find Darwin Bootloader option.

4. Click it and follow the instructions.

5. Make Leopard partition active.

6. Reboot.

If any problem let me know.