Trying to dual boot of USB

neogen

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

Looking for some advice on my dual boot system. I have vista installed to C: I then installed leopard onto my external drive which windows see's as E:

When i installed BCDEasy i can setup the drives to boot however when i reboot and select Mac (E:) it says

NST mbr missing or corrupt, i rebooted into vista and manually placed the file into the folder on my mac drive but still will not boot.

Can anyone help me regarding this, if not then can anyone recomend a dual boot prog that will allow me to choose between my internal drive and external drive

Regards

I'm afraid that the only advice i could give has been given and i personally don't have aching nuts. I had used this method before and found that i only needed to change the boot secquence when necessary (ex. to go back into Winblows). Now, i never change the boot seq. due to the fact that i no longer use any other OS.

hope that goes smooth w/ no aches!

maybe you will reach the point that i did: realizing that even a modified/pirated version of OSX runs better than XP or Vista(ofcourse that is, if you end up getting everything working...where in my case, i did :rolleyes: .)

yeah i must admit i am liking the whole mac thing. My only real problem is my chipset AMD. this stops me installing mac onto my ide, it can install but is realllll slow lol

If there is a work around then i would gladly ditch windows and even buy a copy of leopard.